• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Data connection

molibdimum

Jan 11, 2011
I'm on Orange and I have G, 3G or H signal.

When I'm out I can only get any sort of data from H but its very rare I get the H signal and when I do it fluctuates between 3G and H.

G and 3G are a complete waste of time.

I mainly use it for Facebook, web browsing and the odd email.

I haven't had the phone long so I thought Id give it some time and try it in as many different locations as possible but the results are the same.

I've even tried switching to the Orange/T Mobile network but this isn't any better.

Do you think this is an area problem or could Orange do something to help?

My son has the same phone but he's with Vodaphone and he gets really good data connections.

G will be a complete waste of time for the amount of data you need, it is based on the old 2G system, and Edge (E) will also be useless. However 3G should work OK, but just don't expect wired broadband speeds. I used to use my old HTC Hero on Orange and their 3G usually gave me good enough data speeds for what I needed. I had the settings so that it automatically switched between Orange and TMobile service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones