Data Connections sleep - Screen OffSupport

1. NaNaNiii

NaNaNiii Active Member

Hi, Data connections (Wifi + 3G) go to sleep whenever the screen is off for more than a couple of minutes and only reconnect when screen is turned back on again, which is annoying because push notifications don't come through. Power saver is turned off and this only recently started happening out've the blue. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. NaNaNiii

NaNaNiii Active Member

Anyone? :(
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

It's not anything to do with the JB power saver options is it?
  4. NaNaNiii

NaNaNiii Active Member

The option for " Data Connection - Put to sleep when screen is off" is unchecked
  5. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

I'm assuming you don't have any apps that are supposed to do this installed/running? (juice defender, deep sleep, etc.)
  6. NaNaNiii

NaNaNiii Active Member

Yup, had deep sleep installed but removed after a day or so
  7. benitorios

benitorios Well-Known Member

In addition to turning off the option "Put to sleep when screen is off" in the Power saver, also make sure that your Wifi is otherwise set to permanently on during sleep:

Settings > Wi-Fi > Menu, Advanced > Check option "Always" under Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep.

That, in combination with the unchecked option for putting to sleep in power saving mode, should keep your Wi-Fi running (I do this regularly for Play Store updates, etc. and they're fully downloaded when I wake the screen later)

I don't know about keeping 3G on at all times, though.