• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help data issues

dylando808

Feb 12, 2011
Hawaii, USA
hello all.
i got my Inspire yesterday and i've been having issues with my mobile data connection. my house doesn't have the best connection but i've been able to access data anyway. with the inspire i cannot access data at all. when i check the mobile network settings i get a little message that says: "cannot connect to network due to failed APN settings" or something like that...

i'm beginning to think it is my data plan that if affecting my data usage.
i bought this phone off contract and did not change my SIM card or my plan.
i currently have a 3g SIM in the phone and my data plan is the 2GB data plan for smart phones.
from what i've been reading people have been saying that 3G SIM cards would work in the phone but you need to just change your plan. so.. i tried changing my plan online to the 2GB data plan for HSPA+/4G phones but then a message comes up saying how that feature is not available for the device on the billing system...

phew.. so what i'm asking is do i have to go into the AT&T store and change my plan AND my SIM card in order to get my data working again??

Go to the store if its close or call them. I had the same problem buying my phone from Costco and a quick stop at the store and my issue was fixed in 5 minutes. Store may be quicker and you can confirm that you stay on your current plan. For me it was the legacy unlimited plan. Sometimes when you call them they f it up and you won't even know until you check or get your bill.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones