• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Data Network Mode

It just turns the data connection on/off. Your 3G etc. If you pull down the notifications window from the status bar, you can it on/off there too, along with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and Auto Rotation. It does seem a bit odd adding it to the power button menu though.

Upvote 0
It just turns the data connection on/off. Your 3G etc. If you pull down the notifications window from the status bar, you can it on/off there too, along with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and Auto Rotation. It does seem a bit odd adding it to the power button menu though.

Thanks.

After I purchased the phone I noticed that it connected to the internet at it's own accord. I never wanted a phone with Internet access only a simple to use phone. Carphone Warehouse advised me to download APNdroid to turn off the 3G etc. So can I delete APNdroid and use the Samsung option to do the same thing?

Upvote 0

Its not on the pull down notifications window status bar on my phone, perhaps it was but disappears when you update it.

Upvote 0
running the live wallpaper froyo, dont remember if it was there before! installed apndroid because for 2 months my cell bill was 10x the usual amount because it was connecting to the net every minute, luckily my provider stepped in...... always check my usage now, had apn again after the upgrade, but strange things were happening, so i uninstalled it and just use the power button instead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones