Data no longer works while on phoneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. sjboyd81

sjboyd81 Member This Topic's Starter

I had heard Verizon was unable to allow voice and data usage at the same time. However, when I got my DI I was able to surf the web while talking on the phone. Then this morning Verizon pushes out some update and suddenly when im on the phone 3g disappears.from the top bar and I get an error message that I can't connect to the web. What happened and is there anyway.to reverse this?!

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Sorry bud, data + voice is impossible on and CDMA network unless you are on WiFi. Any other claim is completely and totally false.

3. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member

Are you sure that you weren't using voice and wifi together before? As far as I know, Verizon has never supported simultaneous voice and data connections. As an alternative, most of vzw's recent smartphones allow voice + wifi to achieve the same thing....

EDIT: looks like someone beat me to it lol

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

It's not even something VZW could just allow anyway. It's a hardware limitation of CDMA.

5. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

its funny i still see people claim and swear that they can do it, BB and androids both.

My guess was wifi was active :)

6. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure if the current CDMA spec allowed for both at once, Verizon wouldn't be finding ways to eliminate it...