Data On Call

Last Updated:

1. valdesr11

valdesr11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ugh I wish it wasn't so hard to use data while on a call. It sometimes works with Wifi but in time it will disconnect, and not reconnect until you end the call. WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED! Its supposed to be a smart phone after all...:mad:

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

so hard?

It is not possible to use 3G data while on a call using CDMA technology. It should work on wifi, but no guarantees there

3. A_Guy

A_Guy Active Member

Yes, only works on GSM networks. So I think this would be possible on Android only with the N1..?

4. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Well-Known Member

Any of the GSM Androids should work fine. There are a lot more than the Nexus one.

Behold 2, Cliq, Cliq xt, mytouch3g, mytouch3g slide, g1, backflip....... :)

However, yes it is not possible on CDMA, but when 4g is available and you have a 4g phone it will work. Just not on 3g.

5. valdesr11

valdesr11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is some bull**** lol

6. ahmadshawki

ahmadshawki Active Member

Well, they should find a solution. Because when I went to purchase the Hero, I asked about this point specifically- after I saw the AT&T commercial that says they are the only one that allows you to do so- and the Sprint representative told me that I can do this on my phone. Then I called the customer support and asked her about this and she said sure you can.
    Don't they know or they are lying to sell their stuff?
    Anyway, I still love my Hero and I don't use the internet and phone calls together.

7. aceofspades626

aceofspades626 Well-Known Member

Maybe I missed an update somewhere, and I'd be happy if I'm wrong on this, but last I checked 4G data and voice simultaneous is a no go @ release.
    They're still testing but even the eventuality of it working is TBD.
    Delivering simultaneous 3G/4G data and voice | Unfiltered

8. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Well maybe someone had better say that to the folks writing all the pre-release stuff about the Evo. As that is clearly one of the features they are advertising. Saw it yesterday at Best Buy

9. aceofspades626

aceofspades626 Well-Known Member

10. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Well, just reading the sign they had up about the Evo....Use data and talk at the same time.. All it said. Truly sad if they were just referring to wi-fi. Then again, I am old, kinda expect cell phone advertising to exaggerate LOL

11. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

they did claim right away that with 4G, you could talk and use the internet at the same time. About a week later they corrected themselves and said that it was still in testing to see if it could actually be done reliably.