Data on voice off?General

Last Updated:

1. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Well-Known Member

Is there a way I can keep data and WiFi on but turn voice off? I have a Galaxy S4 stock and unrooted and I'm not going to root it.

And no, it doesn't matter why I want to do this so I won't say why.

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

By "voice" do you mean phone calls? Yes - contact your carrier and tell them that you want a "data only - no voice" account. You may have to go through a few levels of supervisor, but if they want to do it for you, it's available on every carrier's system. (Laptop dongles get that kind of account.)

If you mean no sound coming out of the phone, if there's no option for that on your phone, just plug a plug into your earphone jack. No wire - just the plug.
  3. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

Settings>My device>Blocking mode ON>Features>Block incoming calls>Allowed contacts NONE. Then, just resist the temptation to make outgoing calls and there you have it - no voice. ;)
  4. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Well-Known Member

That makes sense. I mean I want all calls and text to be off and data/WiFi on. The blocking idea could work. I wish there was a toggle.....
  5. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

There is - see if you can figure it out. Hint: play with the notification bar setup ;)