• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data plan changes ??

spyfox

Lurker
Feb 28, 2011
I had an iphone, and purchased an inspire from bestbut.... she switched out sim card to the new phone.... I have the 30.00 a month unlimited iphone plan.

I just got this email from at&t....

[FONT=&quot]We hope you are enjoying your 4G Smartphone![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We value your business and want to ensure you're set up with the right data plan for your Smartphone. If you have recently swapped a SIM card from your 3G handset into your 4G Smartphone, your data service may not work properly. Please call us at 1-800-331-0500 (or 611 from your wireless phone) and our team can help you establish service with an AT&T 4G Data Plan. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Our team is ready to help you activate data service with the right plan. We look forward to your call.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for being an AT&T customer.[/FONT]

before I call.... can they transfer my unlimited plan from iphone to 4g plan ?

I changed from an iPhone at the AT&T store and they had to sign me up for a different plan. Switched SIMs like you did but had to rewrite the plan for Smart Phone. iPhone plans are different for some reason. I believe it was the same price but I'm not able to use both phones with the same plan by switching SIMs. I use the iPhone with VOIP over WiFi though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones