Data plan on my old Storm?General

Last Updated:

1. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My DINC comes in today (YAY!). Meanwhile, my fiancee's upgrade is on Monday. She's also going to use her upgrade next week to order the DINC. Because she doesn't have a working phone at all, I might just let her use my Storm until her DINC gets here. She doesn't have a data plan on her line yet. Will that cause problems when she goes to activate my storm for a few days/weeks?

Advertisement
  2. bucwylde23

bucwylde23 Well-Known Member

When you activate the storm on her line, it will require you to start up a data plan for it to work. If you do it on the website it will be a required step in the activation process to choose a plan.

3. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info. I guess I might as well just go ahead and add it since she'll need it for her DINC anyway....

4. bucwylde23

bucwylde23 Well-Known Member

It will be a little different when she gets the Incredible I think since the blackberry plan is called something different, but the charges are identical.

5. Beckdroid

Beckdroid Well-Known Member

It will automatically get added when you activate the phone. I went to the store when my husband was switching from his crappy voyager to his sister's blackberry thinking there was something special that had to be done. Turns out I could've stayed home and done the #228 thing and it would've been automatically added.

:) Becky

6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

The blackberry BIS service will be pretty much automatic when you light up the storm, I have issues sometimes going back to the dinc from the storm, by troubles I mean i have to call in, takes them like 30 seconds to fix it...but to go to the berry I can just *228 1 and done. either way charges are identical so letting her use your berry will be no issue, worst case you might have to make a phone call when her Dinc comes in