Data Plan / Wireless NetworkGeneral

Last Updated:

1. chrisxmartin

chrisxmartin New Member This Topic's Starter

I'd like to set it up so that it will use my wireless network only since I don't have a data plan and would rather not seeing any charges sneaking up on me. Any suggestions? I'm using an unlocked one on an AT&T network.

Advertisement
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

3. chrisxmartin

I was wondering if I could alter my APN to make it impossible to connect.. or would that alter my ability to do something else?

4. chrisxmartin

5. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

just get APNDroid. It's free and it automatically changes your APN and then it's just one click to change it right back. Works great.

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

You know if you had dont a TAG search for APN you would have found a lot more info on APN than you probably needed.

here is one post from that search ... >>>> http://androidforums.com/support/5453-internet-g1.html#post35944

People here dont mind helping but a search of the forums is consider to be your first attempt. If you are going to be lazy then expect to get comments you find useless... A person that doesn't help themselves is usually considered useless as well.

So the person you think was useless was giving you a bit of a lesson on self-help. So there is no reason to be curt and rude about your self-inflicted problem.

7. chrisxmartin

I honestly did look it up and I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I guess I just wasn't searching the right thing. Please don't mistake my inability to find an answer on my own for laziness :)

8. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

If you're on T-Mobile, all you have to do is cancel the data package. Unlike some carriers, T-Mobile doesn't let you use data if you're not on a plan. There won't be any accidental fees because you won't be allowed to connect.