Data PlanSupport

Last Updated:

1. pimabread

pimabread New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey do any of you know if this phone is compatible with the $10 data plan I've been trying the internet2.voicestream.com thing for a while without luck a reply would be appreciated thanks

Advertisement
  2. telemike

telemike Well-Known Member

You will probably have to get the Android plan

3. elcaballo

elcaballo New Member

Here are more APNs, in case you haven't tried them. I'm interested in the Optimus, but only if it works with the $5.99 T-zones, so please post if any of these either work or don't work for you.

epc.tmobile.com
    wap.voicestream.com
    internet2.voicestream.com
    internet3.voicestream.com

pimabread likes this.
  4. illhuskerini

illhuskerini Member

I'm currently using the phone using WIND service in Italy. I have the pay-as-go use as well as the unlimited internet for 9 euro.

5. pimabread

pimabread New Member This Topic's Starter

I have the unlimited internet plan $10.00 should work right? I ask because I keep on getting this subscription required stuff from my web browser

cheaplikeafox likes this.
  6. elcaballo

elcaballo New Member

If you tried all of those APNs and it still sends you to a data plan required page, it seems that a full-priced, smartphone plan is required. (Especially if the epc.tmobile.com APN didn't work, as that is the APN that works with my Nokia 5230 Nuron and T-zones, and the Nuron seems to be considered by T-Mobile to be an equivalent smartphone to the Optimus T.)

You may be able to get the new $10 for 200Mb/month plan, if it's available, or even a $20 customer loyalty plan (through retentions, I think).

But if all of those APNs didn't work, it seems like the Optimus T is considered to be a real "Android Smartphone" just like the MyTouch.

Which sucks.

7. cheaplikeafox

cheaplikeafox Member

yeah I'm not sure why the Nuron is one of the few smartphones that can use the phone first web2go. I wonder what will happen on Nov. 14th when the $10 200 mb web plans are available. I don't see how someone would switch from a $10 web2go unlimited smartphone like the Nuron to a $10 200 mb limited web smartphone like the Optimus T. Unless Android is that much better than Symbian.

Did you upgrade through T-mobile to get the Optimus T or did you buy it off contract? I would wait until Nov. 14th if I were you to see if the web2go works with the phone then...because with all the data plan changes, who knows what will happen.