Data problems with any rom other than current.

Last Updated:

1. Twitchh

Twitchh Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have a hero and I currently have it rooted and am using CM6 nightly #150. I decided to switch roms (as i have done countless times in the past) to MIUI and couldn't get the data to work. I updated the radios and tried different kernals with no success. I restored my backup and it works fine. Then I tried flashing to CM6.1 RC1 with the SNAPturbo kernal and still cannot get data. It appears any rom other than the one currently running cannot get a good data connection.

Any ideas? Any help?

I'm at a loss.

Advertisement
  2. goodboy

goodboy Well-Known Member

Wrong forum, brah.

And in reference to your dilemma, have you asked this same question on cyanongenmod forums? Or ran the SpeedTest app to test your connection?

I presume you mean Wifi, right?

3. Twitchh

Twitchh Active Member This Topic's Starter

I wasn't quite sure where to put this as it seems ROM dependant.

WiFi works perfectly fine. 3G data seems to work ok when browsing the web but I can't seem to connect to Google services (market, gmail...etc) unless I'm using Wifi.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

that appears to be a google issue that has been hit or miss for a few weeks now.

aside from that there are a number of users having 3g issues as well.

check out the multiple threads about it in the support and trouble shooting forum

5. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

I found a solution to the market downloads issue that has been working well for me. It's over at android central:
    Fix for Market apps not downloading or installing (image warning) - Android Forums

That might help part of your issue. Not sure about the gmail login problems. I have heard that there have been Sprint outages in various places around the country recently. Perhaps that's affecting you as well.

6. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

Sprint had data issues the past few days. No need to panic or blame the ROM you're using.