data recovery from internal memorySupport

1. maormp

maormp New Member

I deleted files which were stored in the internal memory.
    All the recovery softwares do not recognize it as a drive but as a media player and thus cant access it. What to do?
    While we are at it, any free recovery softwares out there?

Advertisement
  2. Ijaz Ahmed

Ijaz Ahmed Well-Known Member

The following may work for you.

Download and install Recuva - Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

Disconnect USB cable and goto Settings --> More --> USB Utilities

Tap the "Connect Storage to PC" icon

Now connect USB cable and it will enumerate as mass storage.

Use Recuva to recover from your internal device memory ( which is now shown in your My Computer as a removable storage)
  3. jackthomas251

jackthomas251 Member

For samsung galaxy phone internal memory, it's tricky, last time I also tried many software before I find the solution, recuva does not pick up my galaxy phone internal memory. So it does not work for internal memory. You may follow this solution that helped me: android phone internal memory data recovery
  4. annistontaylor

annistontaylor New Member

When files deleted from android, the os removes the pointer to the files from the file allocation table and flags the deleted files as no longer needed. in order to recover the deleted pictures, you need to avoid writing data to the card or internal storage, plug in your device and set the usb setting as mass storage so that both the sd card and built-in storage should be recognized and mounted as removable drive, scan the drive, then recover the deleted pictures from android.