Data RecoverySupport

Last Updated:

1. bikerbub

bikerbub New Member

Hello ladies and gents, I've gotten myself into a bit of a predicament.

I've been having issues lately with my tablet's S pen (weird squiggles and lines after lifting pen) so I called Samsung's tech support to get things hammered out.

First course of action that was taken was to preform a factory reset on my tablet. This is where my problem lies. See, I use my tablet for note-taking in all of my classes, and, prior to this reset, I had accumulated somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 individual notes. Problem is, apparently the parameters for a factory reset have changed from what I'm familiar with, and all of my notes, music, and videos are gone from the normally accessible areas of the device.

My question is: is there any way to get any of my data back? Using Astro File Browser, I stumbled across a file named "" in /etc/, but being as that appears to be a UNIX file, I've no way of running it to even see what its function is.

Literally any help would be appreciated at this point, I'm really between a rock and a hard place.

Thank you all,

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Too late.

You might try some custom tools that are designed to restore data from MTP, but I cannot remember the names. Check PlayStore.