data required?

Last Updated:

1. sacka

sacka New Member This Topic's Starter

I bought the phone from the T-Mobile website, and I get it on Monday. When upgrading, they don't force you the data plan, but says something along the lines to log on to my account upon receiving the phone to activate the data plan.

Will the phone work on my wifi right out of the box to avoid the heavy data charges?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. HtcEvoLemon

HtcEvoLemon Well-Known Member

if you don't have a data package you shouldn't have gotten the instant online rebate. if you did, you lucked out.

however, if there are any mail in rebates... if you try to mail them in... and you don't have a data package or text messaging package of 9.99 or higher... you wont get your rebate check... ps the 9.99 is an old text messaging plan but still qualifies for rebates... confirmed it yesterday with rebate department.

3. sacka

sacka New Member This Topic's Starter

For many people it was $165 without rebates, so I'm not expecting or pursuing one.

4. GAMERIG

GAMERIG Active Member

Yes you can use wifi if data turned off.

I am currently use HD2 as my primary, but I use samsung vibrant as experiment. And has no simcard, but use wifi via wireless router without problem like ipod touch does... :cool:

5. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

Never mind.