Data roam

Last Updated:

1. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I get bad reception on campus, and my Epic wants to data roam. I guess it's on Verizon's towers?

Should I let it? I think it's free but I figured I'd ask here first. I'd call Sprint but I cannot make calls right now since I am in the lab.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Yes, let it.

The only thing to keep in mind is that if you do a TON of roaming (compared to normal data usage) that Sprint may cancel your service.

KoukiFC3S likes this.
  3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Sprint has a 300mb limit of data roaming...

Voice/Data Usage Limitation: Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to limit throughput speeds, and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. Prohibited network use rules apply. See in-store materials or sprint.com/termsandconditions for specific prohibited uses.

beeperdoo likes this.
  4. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Not to worry unless it is excessive (300mb are what some are saying). I have 5-10 mb's of roaming data on bills from time to time (maybe more) and have never been charged for roaming (of any kind) on Sprint.

5. HeadlessPonch

HeadlessPonch Well-Known Member

So have most of you gone into your settings and set it to always allow data roaming without asking first?

6. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Yes. I allow roaming on both voice and data. And, disable the roaming notifications.