data roaming option

Last Updated:

1. Gotte

Gotte Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm on a tmobile contract, free mobile, included, and I notice there's an option in my hero's setting which is unchecked at present for data roaming. I tried checking it, and it warned of the prospect of extra chrarges. Will this be the case, with my contract?

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Roaming means when you are in an area and you can't get a tmobile data service/signal, it will connect to some other service provider so that you can still get data usage.

Its like when you go to another country and your phone connects to a foreign network, thats roaming. But its EXPENSIVE. Unless you want possibly VERY HIGH bills leave it turned off.

3. Gotte

Thanks for that. I have a pay as you go sim that I might use when I go abroad, so I wont have any unexpected bills when I get back. Do you know if it only applies abroad, or if it was turned on in the UK, would it seek out a network other than tmobile if tmobile were not available, and would I then get charged for it? Is that how it works?

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Possible I'm not entirely sure. I know that the service provider you "roam" onto has to have an agreement with your own service provider. I would think its best to keep it off just to make sure. T Mobile should be able to confirm this better than me tho :p

5. Gotte

Many thanks. I have to get in touch with them to enable my phone to work abroad, anyway, so will confirm with them, then.

All the best.

6. samktc

samktc Member

Data roaming should relate to using internet services whilst abroad specifically - this can be pretty expensive, so only use when necessary or if you are rich :rolleyes:

Tmobile charge