Data roaming

Last Updated:

1. gclaus

gclaus Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering if anyone knows how data roaming works with Sprint. I was in an area where I was roaming but it seemed as though the Facebook app was updating. Maybe I hit a pocket of wifi access, I dunno.

So, is data roaming happening? If so, is it included under the "no roaming charges" umbrella that comes with the Everything plans or could be be charged for roaming data?

Advertisement
  2. lldsandsll

lldsandsll Well-Known Member

i always wondered this too. i leave it disabled just in case, and never really found a need for data roaming, but i wouldnt mind enabling it if it is free.

bump. anyone?

3. BrianR

BrianR Well-Known Member

I'm curious about this as well. I was out last night in downtown LA, and was on the web, twitter, facebook... uploading photos to twitpic... and saw the roaming symbol, but wasnt sure what it was. First thing when I got home, I checked in the manual.

I'm not too sure about Sprint's network. I've been w/ Cingular/AT&T for 10 years now, and I am one of the few that never had a problem with their network ANYWHERE I went, and I NEVER roamed. Now, in downtown LA, Sprint doesnt have coverage? That's kinda crap. Since I have never had to worry about roaming before, (and I made a couple cross country driving trips, using my phone the whole way - w/ AT&T), I guess I need to make sure I turn off roaming or at least have it notify me.