Data roaming?

Last Updated:

1. westbros

westbros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 8, 2010
    I have an unlocked Desire on the 3 UK network, so this comes with no branding. However I want to install the My3 app that allows you to monitor your monthly usage. I already have 3G Watchdog which does a similar thing, but this won't tell me how many texts I have sent for example, so I want to have both apps on my phone. I have downloaded the Three app from the Market, but when I try to run it, it tells me I need to activate data roaming.

I have had a look at the Desire user guide on the HTC web site, and this says the following: "Accessing data services while roaming may incur significant charges. Inquire about the data roaming tariffs with your mobile operator before enabling data roaming."

Is this simply to warn you that if you are overseas you will get charged for data? What if I stay in the UK? Presumably I will only get my data from the 3 network - or from Orange if only 2G is available? And presumably this would be free? So is it safe for me to activate data roaming?

2. master_yoda

master_yoda Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Yes its safe as long as your in the uk. Just check the box for data roaming.. if you dont you wont be able to use data when on 2g

Yes its free to data roam on orange 2g when you lose the 3 networks 3g signal.
    westbros likes this.