Data speed restriction

1. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Being that st uses the towers of t mobile and att, do they restrict the actual real world data speeds that you would normally get if you went with the carrier directly?

Say you get 10mbps with t mobile in your area. Should you still get the same speeds with the t mobile sim card on st or do they restrict it?

Sorry if this is an obvious answer question but it's something I've always been curious about.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

I am on ATT Sim. I don't honestly see a difference in the speeds that I was getting while I was with ATT. Rumors are just that, rumors. Take all of them with a grain of salt. Sorry I can't give you any more information than that.
    Fuzzy13 likes this.
  3. oldnoob2

oldnoob2 Well-Known Member

I don't see any speed difference, but I do see a priority difference. If you're at an event like a crowded concert or football game, the local tower is probably going to be maxed out. The real AT&T customers around me are connecting, but not me. You can't have everything for half the money.
  4. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

See, I can agree with this, but the best part: Nobody up here really has AT&T, so all my buddies with Verizon's service at events don't get access while I am on ST getting all the information I want. :D