Data speed restriction

Last Updated:

1. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Being that st uses the towers of t mobile and att, do they restrict the actual real world data speeds that you would normally get if you went with the carrier directly?

Say you get 10mbps with t mobile in your area. Should you still get the same speeds with the t mobile sim card on st or do they restrict it?

Sorry if this is an obvious answer question but it's something I've always been curious about.

Advertisement
  2. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

I am on ATT Sim. I don't honestly see a difference in the speeds that I was getting while I was with ATT. Rumors are just that, rumors. Take all of them with a grain of salt. Sorry I can't give you any more information than that.
    Fuzzy13 likes this.
  3. oldnoob2

oldnoob2 Well-Known Member

I don't see any speed difference, but I do see a priority difference. If you're at an event like a crowded concert or football game, the local tower is probably going to be maxed out. The real AT&T customers around me are connecting, but not me. You can't have everything for half the money.
  4. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

See, I can agree with this, but the best part: Nobody up here really has AT&T, so all my buddies with Verizon's service at events don't get access while I am on ST getting all the information I want. :D