• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hey guys,
just picked up the samsung galaxy proclaim about 2 months ago. been using it with no problems when all of the sudden my data went out. called straight talk and they informed me that my data was suspended. could not get a straight answer as to why. I have watched a small handful of youtube videos, no tethering, and only downloaded a few apps in the 2 months. I dont think I have even approached the illusive 100mb/day or 2gb/month. I have sent 2 emails now but am only getting generic responses saying that it will be reset when I renew in 10 days. seems like some serious BS to me. dont want to turn into a paranoid data user.
any thoughts would be appreciated

One of my buddies is on Straight Talk experienced this as well a couple weeks ago

What they told him

It violates their TOS to stream music or video, to download anything, even from the play store.

They offer unlimited talk/text/Web but not data

Your only limited to 150mb of streaming/download able data a day I believe before your data gets suspended for the remaining month.

Upvote 0
When i got mine it said unlimited data...thats weird that they would say that but not keep their word. thats false advertising...thanks for the input.

It is false advertisement I agree, but there's really nothing we can do about it but lay off of streaming and downloading to avoid a data suspension.

Just like the saying said

"you get what you paid for"

Reactions: lanie99
Upvote 0
dang. well maybe I went over the 150mb/day at some point. crazy thing is, before this phone, I used an iphone 3g with a straight talk sim. I would stream pandora 2 hours every day and never had a problem. upgraded to this phone and haven't hardly streamed and BAM! hahaha. like you said, you get what you pay for. can't really complain. will let you guys know if I get a more detailed response to one of my emails.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones