Data ToggleSupport

Last Updated:

1. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just installed a Data connection toggle on my HTC Hero to save battery life. I then tried to install it on my wife's Moment (which needs ALOT of battery help) and it doesn't work. It installed fine onto her phone but when I hit the toggle nothing happens. On my Hero, the data icon in the status bar disappears when I hit the toggle On the Moment, it stays. I went into her settings to see if I could manually shut it off and found that I can't. Her menu is nearly identical to the one in my Hero except no switch to turn off data. Is it in a different spot? I can't seem to find it.

Advertisement
  2. HeadlessPonch

HeadlessPonch Well-Known Member

Thread resurrection.

I came to this site today to see if there's an app for this, since the Moment doesn't have one built in. Any ideas?

We occasionally travel to nowhere, Illinois to see family and the battery can die in an hour if I'm in the wrong part of their house (meaning indoors). Data roaming also pops up frequently.

A workaround is connecting to wifi, but you have to actually be connected to the network to shut off the data connection.

3. censlow

censlow Member

SwitchPro works great. Has a nice selection of toggles. Also the Data toggle works great on the moment. Costs a buck I think. well worth it.

4. HeadlessPonch

SwitchPro does look good, but do I need 7 more buttons on my screen?
    I'm trying out SMODA Widget right now. Single button, works so far. I'll just have to try it more to see if I have any issues like some others.

5. gumbyballz

gumbyballz Member

Dont know if you already tried this but go to wireless&networks-mobile networks-system select-then choose home only. That should get rid of that data roaming popping in and out. Usually, after that you ll see the notifactions go away and just calls n text should work. No data. Its weird cuz my moment loses data on its own whenever it feels like it.

6. HeadlessPonch

So that keeps the Moment to Sprint data networks only?

This SMODA Widget worked overnight to keep the gmail notifications at bay, but voice and text still worked. Data turned back on this morning without issue. I have noticed that the icon shows no data when coming out of a call. Probably just reading/displaying the phone's current state, as we can't use talk and data at the same time.

7. gumbyballz

gumbyballz Member

You'll notice that no data will happen during or after a call cuz Sprints infrastructure is not set up to use data and voice at the same time. It was built from the ground up that way. Sucks I know but belive it or not it was made to be a more reliable that way. Which I dont thinked worked. But anyway, unless you have a EVO and are in a 4G area you can use data and voice at the same time. Its cuz 4g isnt used through Sprint towers, its Clearwire's. In other words, yes, if you put it to "home only" that keeps you restricted to Sprint towers ONLY. No sprint tower, no data. But if what you have right now is working for ya, dont fix what aint broke. Well, broke no more i guess.:D

HeadlessPonch likes this.
  8. TechGuruJeff

TechGuruJeff New Member

SMODA seems to do the job for me...