• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data Transfer

Hi All,

I just bought a HTC Desire HD. Need assistance to transfer exisiting data from Nokia N95 to Desire HD.

I imported my contacts, SMS and calendar data from my Nokia N95 using the data transfer function in to my new Desire. It worked very well.

I realized later that I have another backup data file (a little older which is not in my N95) in my computer which I also want to transfer into my Desire HD, mainly some older SMS & contacts. The data was restored to my N95. When I tried to transfer this second data into the Desire HD from the N95 I was prompted to select and clear the data from the Desire HD . This would clear the first set of data that was transferred into the Desire HD. So I did not proceed with it.

I now want to know is there any way I can transfer the data (SMS & contacts) from the N95 into the Desire HD more than once without the existing data in the Desire HD requiring to be erased. Appreciate some advise and direction on this.

Thank you.

I sorted my problem by borrowing another N95 from a mate. Transferred my second backup file, which is a nbu file created by Nokia’ PC Suite, into by mate’s N95. Linked this N95 to Desire HD using data transfer application in the Desire HD to move the contents without the need to erase what was already in the Desire HD.

The Desire HD’s data transfer application though good, allows only a one time transfer of the contacts, SMS and calendar contents from the same phone. How I wish it will allow multiple transfers from the same phone without the need to erase the contents in the Desire HD.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones