Data Usage and Mediascape questionsSupport

1. Monalumamonanana

Monalumamonanana New Member

I just got the x10 and have a few questions. This is my first android/data using phone so they are probably dumb but I just wanna make sure before I get charged any extra. First, am I correct in that if I use Wi-Fi I will avoid the 3g charges since Im using another internet source? Also do things like the MobileTV and GPS use data?
    My second question was about mediascape. Is there any way to move or cut/paste media into different folders so that they dont show up in mediascape but rather have their own designated folder?
    Sorry if these are dumb questions. Im just catching up to modern technology. Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry one more thing, if I downloaded an x10 app on my computer do I need anything besides the USB to transfer it? Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

1- Yes, if you use Wi-Fi you will not use 3G data.

2- Try to find a file manager on the market, it can do that. Mediascape might not find the files after though (I don't use it so I don't know)

3- No you don't need anything else, you can also try with Bluetooth though.
  3. dpk0875

dpk0875 Active Member

Both mobiletv and gps will cost you data.
    A little tip for ya, get 3g watchdog from the market;
    It keeps tab on how much data you have been using so you don't exceed you limit too much
  4. dpk0875

dpk0875 Active Member

Both mobiletv and gps will cost you data.
    A little tip for ya, get 3g watchdog from the market;
    It keeps tap on how much data you have been using so you don't exceed you limit too much
  5. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

for mediascape i think if u create a blank file in notepad and save as .nomedia - and paste this into the folder of whatever you dont want showing up on mediascape, it should work..