Data Usage App?

Last Updated:

1. akmac831

akmac831 New Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering if anyone has found a good app to keep track of data usage. Curious because I know Verizon only allows 5gigs and want to keep track of my usage to better manage it. I use a lot of data because im tethering my droid to my desktop for internet - saves me $35 a month, no more giving comcast money for internet YES!!!

thanks,
    ak.mac

Advertisement
  2. vzwdts

vzwdts Member

Dial #DATA from your phone and VZW will send you a text letting you know how much data you've used.

3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

I got 3 different answers at the same VZ store about pricing on tethering plans...last answer was that it was and additional $30/mo. on top of the $30 PDA plan. Anyway, I installed NetCounter...free app from the Android Market.

In case you didn't know about them, just one of many different tethering routers:

PHS300 Personal WiFi Hotspot | Cradlepoint Technology

4. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

I just use the MyVerizon app/link. Does a nice little summary when you click on usage of your minutes/texts/data.

By the way, the 5GB limit is only if you tether. If you download the MyVerizon app, you will see that your data allowance is unlimited.

5. akmac831

akmac831 New Member This Topic's Starter

I'll check it out. BTY save yourself $30 and download PdaNet from the market. Allows you to tether for FREE!!!

6. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know...also told at the store that DROID "doesn't tether right now, may be available later". :rolleyes:

I have a Cradlepoint, the non-battery version, as a redundant circuit, in case I lost FIOS and Comcast (work from home).

7. wazup7

wazup7 New Member

Root your phone--download one of any of the wifi-hotspot apps--good to go.

I'm a bandwidth-hog so I'll wait for 4G/Verizon/Android to fall into place.