• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data usage on Atrix - Bell

Manute

Jun 3, 2011
Canada
Hello all,

I recently received my latest bell bill.
They are charging me for almost 3 GB of data (I'm on a 1 GB plan)
So that works out to be close to $100.

I have looked at my bill and on one day they said I used 2630MB.

I do not stream anything.
I check email, rarely, browse sometimes and facebook.
The only other thing I have that would use data on a regular basis is a weather app.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what I could have used on this day to have such a high data usage.
Also, I was at work this day, so the phone was hardly used.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get this resolved with bell if I can?

Thanks

If you download your e-bill you can get a location and time for the download(s). This might give you a hint about what is hogging you bandwidth or indeed there has been a billing error. It is easy to nuke agig of data, downloaded a movie can easilly eat up three gigs. From there I would contact them and contest the data download if you have grounds, these things can sneak up on you especially if you set up an unrestricked wifi hotspot. I was recently hit with a roaming charge when I was in Niagra Falls. I challenged them to show me evidence that I had crossed into the US and they dropped the charge. Basic rule with any provider is be vigilant and challenge them. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones