Data usage warningSupport

1. Fakethriller

Fakethriller Member

I just hit the 2GB mark for data use (only had the phone for 3 days, lol), I recieved a notification (shown below) warning me about my data use. When I click the notification, it brings me to the data usage menu. I have unlimited data, so I'm not concerned, but I can't get this notification to go away.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I had this happen too you just have to move drag the bar up I only moved my to 10gb so I imagine I'll be getting a warning again very soon
  3. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

You can move the warning limit. I have mine set somewhere around 50GB; I doubt I'll hit it.
  4. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Did you swipe it to the right?

Also, assuming that you are over your alert limit.... you might have to turn it off or set it higher.

Interesting find. I'm on unlimited also.
  5. Fakethriller

Fakethriller Member

Ok, fixed it. I didnt realize I could make adjustments to that graph. I set it to 59GB, a new goal! Lol...

And it wouldnt let me swipe the notification away.
  6. Sketchr

Sketchr Well-Known Member

Yeah, when I hit my 2GB mark I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it fast enough, lol. Dragged it up to 50ish. Not sure if there's a way to totally disable the "warning". Not that I would go over 50 but still:D
  7. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I don't know, maybe it's the "new toy" syndrome but I've clocked 5 GB in the last 4 days! :eek:

Part of that was troubleshooting, but a lot of it is 4G streaming. Glad I have unlimited! :)
  8. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

LOL Verizon is going to love you :D
  9. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Well I have unlimited data, lol...So why do I have a data usage warning icon in my notification drop down?

Anyone know how to get rid of it?
  10. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Lol...fixed...just raised the orange bar up to max and it went away...That was easy.
  11. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Well-Known Member

I had the same exact problem this morning. I just hit 2GB, and could not clear it, so I moved the bar to 3GB.
  12. Gabby

Gabby Member

I just got the warning also. Couldnt figure out how to get that triangle in the upper left part of the screen to go away. Moving the graph up to 50 gb worked. :)

Thank you search button.
  13. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

lol got mine this moring too.....so I'm guessing all 3 of us were release day buyers and already used 2 GB of data. On my Eris I was averaging about 0.7 GB/month lol and here I go 2GB in one week
  14. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Yea I'm a data hog...hahahaha!
  15. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

It's that extra G, lol... When I went from the OG Droid to the TB I had the same data usage jump. Not sure why this is but it seems like LTE uses a significantly larger amount of data then 3G does. I hit my 2 gigs last night as well lol.
  16. CharlzO

CharlzO Well-Known Member

Just as a side note, you can also change your bill cycle date in the data usage settings in the settings menu. May help some, may be worse for others lol. I noticed mine was default to reset the 1st of every month, so I went in and changed it just for kicks. And I love that you can disable data at certain levels. I soooo wish I had a friend with a Nexus that I could prank with that!
  17. ChiTownJim

I wish the VZW Data widget was available for the Nexus I liked that one . I'm unlimted but it was cool to be able to see how much I actually used . I think it was far more accurate then the ICS one. I've had my phone for 6days and it says I've used 15gb of data . I usually used between 8-12gb a month on my Rezound and Thunderbolt . So I find it hard to believe that I'll use over 60gb with this phone my usage hasn't really changed
  18. Crude

Crude Well-Known Member

Everyone that goes over 4 GB this month check in next month to let us know of you're being throttled please.
  19. ChiTownJim

I've averaged about 10gb a month since launch of the thunderbolt (8months) and have never been throttled