data usage ?

Last Updated:

1. AKA_Rizzo

AKA_Rizzo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Considering ATT's data plans, How much do you use your phone and how close to the limit do you get ?

I have read about data tracker app's, I think that's a good idea and plan on moving forward with that if I get an Aria.

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

My month is from the 19th to the 18th ... this billing period I have used 1420.46 MB and am on pace for 3.02 GB.

3. ls377

ls377 Active Member

I only use around 150 MB a month, but I am on wifi most of the time. It really depends on how you use it.

4. xti14

xti14 Active Member

Are you usually that high in data each month? What type of apps do you use or how do you use your phone to be on track for over 3GB of data lol? Pretty sick.

5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Its typical ... but I stream music at work, thats a good 75% of it.

6. Jess573

Jess573 New Member

Well, with the Palm Centro I had, I was only using a max of 50MB a month. I used it mostly for FB, webmail, the ocassional video or news, and the occasional map or yello pages. Now I have the Aria (only for 4 days now) and it seems I've used close to 30mb in that short time with less use than what I used before. I'm thinking something is causing it to be pulling data when it's not in use. I went from unlimited data to 200 mb due to my past trending. Interested to see how close I get in the first month.

7. AKA_Rizzo

AKA_Rizzo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Refresh rate of the weather.

Refresh rate of Facebook, Wattch if you link a contact from your address book to Facebook. Now their statuses will start coming in.

Yahoo or other mail info gathering .

These are all things I looked at closely.

8. dexmix

dexmix Active Member

I do about 3GB per month also. Use a few streaming apps regularly - as well as surf the web constantly etc.

I use the AT&T app to see my usage. You need to setup your account for online access though to use the app.

9. Jess573

Jess573 New Member

I think linked one or two contacts. Is there a way to remove all of those FB contacts that got imported to my phone without going line by line?

10. CartOverlord

CartOverlord Active Member

if you have wifi in the place you live and the place you work/go to school you wont need 2 gigs. 200 mb does me just fine cuz wifi got me covered