Data Usage

1. TheBigFabio

TheBigFabio Member

Is there a way to check with MetroPCS on how much of the 1GB data plan is remaining? I've checked their website, called 611, and looked all over my phone, but I can't get any answer on my usage so far, or what I have remaining. Thanks for any help!

Advertisement
    :
  2. peebz

peebz Active Member

Doesn't metro have unlimited data?
  3. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

That's what I thought.
  4. Anduiril

Anduiril Well-Known Member

Metro has unlimited data.
  5. astmd1655

astmd1655 Well-Known Member

6. astmd1655

Try signing into your MetroPCS account? There's a link for usage. I have unlimited so I don't know if it's in there or not but would be worth checking.
  7. allmanallpimp

allmanallpimp Well-Known Member

their lte plans have limited data unless you go for the 60 plan. truly against their original model. i find it terrible they actual don't "unlimit yourself" anymore.
  8. pcguru2000

pcguru2000 Member

Is metropcs data usage tracking disabled when you de-bloatware their phones? I use pandora on a daily basis for about 2 hours a day on weekdays. I also use google navigator, and on 4g it shows satellite maps of buildings, which has to gobble up a lot of data.

When I go to my account, it shows 0% of 100% usage. I was thinking of downgrading to the $40 plan from $50 because I don't use the metro navigator, I don't text internationally, and I don't use instant messenger.

Any have anything other than 0%? Will I get cut off of data without knowing?
  9. AndroidxGuy

AndroidxGuy Well-Known Member

I have the exact same 0% issue and I'm not rooted so I don't know if that means the visual bandwith meter is broken or we somehow have unlimited data. I'm gonna experiment and try downloading over 1 GB the day before my payment is due.
  10. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

If you're on the $50 plan you have unlimited data if you weren't aware of it. The meter stays at 0% for that reason. Removing the bloatware has no affect on their ability to monitor data usage :).
  11. AndroidxGuy

I checked my account online and it says I only have 1GB data allotment and that's what I knew I was gonna get when I got the phone on the $50 plan. And I thought only the $60 plan had unlimited data.
  12. pcguru2000

pcguru2000 Member

That's exactly right, the $60 is unlimited, the $50 is 1gb, and now the $50 is 100MB
  13. AndroidxGuy

That still doesn't explain why the data usage bar never goes above 0% on my online metro account.
  14. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

You could've saved some confusion if you had mentioned you were on 4G :p. I don't have the Samsung or know anyone with it so we all have $50 unlimited everything.
  15. mdside71

mdside71 Well-Known Member

lol..i live in a popular enough area, that i am pretty much on WIFI everywhere, so i rarely use any data...
  16. TRS-80

TRS-80 Well-Known Member

I have the $50 LTE plan and I don't think there is a difference between it and the $60 plan. I use a lot of data and never have a problem.
  17. henalvfa

henalvfa Well-Known Member

The only cap that you have on data is Youtube.

How can they track it?
    I have no idea.
    Other than that the $50 plan gives you unlimited 4g and 3g data, and, unless you are grandfathered on the unlimited youtube plan (changed like 2 months ago) you have 1gb of youtube unless you are on the $60 plan.

You have to create an account on the website in order to see the meter, www.metropcs.com->support->my account.

I have in my plan my brother's indulge with grandfathered youtube :)

PS. Youtube data DOES NOT COUNT towards WIFI usage (i know someone will be asking that), nor 1x or 3G usage. It is only when 4G LTE is connected.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, we live on a Non 4G market. thats why meter is on 0. Is scheduled but we were left for Phase II for the LTE deployment. Still waiting. :(

Attached Files:

18. pcguru2000

pcguru2000 Member

I live in a 4g area, use about 1gb of pandora a month, and my meter still shows 0.
  19. astmd1655

Login to your account from the MetroPCS website on your computer. The first page after the login shows your data usage per line. Please note according to MetroPCS' website only streaming premium content is included in your data usage. All else falls under "unlimited mobile web".
  20. AndroidxGuy

Any idea to what this premium content would be?
  21. henalvfa

henalvfa Well-Known Member

I believe, youtube for now.

they may change it in the future...
  22. AndroidxGuy

My youtube is unlimited
  23. nambinhvu

nambinhvu New Member

Maybe the plans changed since the creation of this thread, or maybe I just understood it differently, but from what I read and what I heard from the metropcs salesperson, data is unlimited, 4gLTE is what's limited. Pretty much, after you use up your alotted 4gLTE amount, you'll be reduced to 3G or lower speeds.
  24. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

Plans changed early this year. These plans are from a year & a half ago.
  25. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Well-Known Member

It is unlimited technically so you'll always stay connected, but the $40 plan and $50 plan have a certain amount of data usage you can go upto before they cap your speeds.

For the $40 plan you can go upto 500MB
    For the $50 plan you can go upto 2.5GB

and the $60 plan is the truly "unlimited" one.

Plans - MetroPCS