Data UsageGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-03-05 00:42:30
  1. iram

iram Well-Known Member

Just noticed that when you log onto boost Mobile and access your account info there is a spot called data usage now

Data Usage

Data Usage: 0.0 MB Data Threshold: 2560.0 MB Throttled: No

Advertisement
    LilBit likes this.
  2. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

Good info iram!!:thumb:
  3. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

I think a data usage widget would be a nice touch. Of course there are apps but I would prefer to see exactly what Boost says I've used.
    LilBit likes this.
  4. iram

iram Well-Known Member

I've been using "MY DATA MANAGER" app for abt 1 month now...I assume its accurate....I don't use much data any way to be concerned with being throttled down
    LilBit likes this.
  5. ZingBot

I've been using 3G Watchdog since Boost announced throttling just out of curiosity how much data I use.

My wife is on Verizon and their data widget is nifty.
  6. ZingBot

Same here. It's in BoostZone too.
  7. xman95

xman95 Well-Known Member

I've checked this every few days and my usage remains at zero. Maybe b/c I haven't updated yet???
  8. ZingBot

I have updated and mine still says 0 data used. I think it's not fully functional yet.
  9. johngw43

johngw43 Active Member

I beg to DIFFER, my good man & woman! I paid my bill on 2-18-13, and TODAY (3-02-13) I got THROTTLED! What is that, about 13 or 14 days? I'm not even tethered to a laptop, just using my zte warp. Today, I finally got this phone rooted, but now I don't know. what to do with it, now that it's rooted.
    Ohhhhhh, all my friends think I'm SOO smart with these ANDROID'S... They'd be JUST AS SMART, if they would READ an article or two.
    Almost everything I've learned, came from reading FORUM'S here at ANDROIDFORUMS.COM... And NO,.... I DO NOT work for androidforums. I'm just good at BROWN-NOSING.
    SO.... Is there a way to UN-THROTTLE my phone? (Oh, yes I have a ZTE WARP, ROOTED with TWRP, or TRWP, that's about all I know.. I'm so pitiful, I'm NOT EVEN a NOOB, I'm BELOW NOOB waste.. I'm the waste of the waste, that's the waste of the waste, that's below NOOB waste, of noobie waste.
    Thank you so kindly, and, any help with my idiot condition, would be appreciated. For, I'm hour's away from getting an old flip phone out of the drawer, and activating it.
  10. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Well if you've already surpassed boosts data limit, there's nothing to do but wait out the other 2-2 1/2 weeks with the throttle lol

Keep an eye on your data usage once it restarts ;)
    LilBit and johngw43 like this.
  11. johngw43

johngw43 Active Member

I read that post about going into root explorer, and deleting the throttle folders files, does that get your speed back to normal?
  12. DragonSlayer95

Deleting a throttle folder?

Lol!

I've never heard of this, throttling goes by how much data you've used via the carriers network.

I'm almost 100% positive they'll go a lot further than just putting a throttle folder in the system folder.

If there is a throttle folder, I can almost guarantee you that won't remove the throttle ;)
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Dude he just asked a question there :p and unfortunately no, if you do a search in the forums there are a lot about boost throttling, from my understanding its done on the network and there's nothing on your phone you can change to prevent it......
  14. DragonSlayer95

Lol I know it was a question, just amazed a topic came up that the poster read about deleting a throttle folder and boom throttle gone :)
  15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Actually there was talk on the warp root threads that people were trying it, again with no luck.
  16. DragonSlayer95

:facepalm:
  17. aenoch

aenoch Well-Known Member

i can not find where it says this on the boost site
  18. DragonSlayer95

It wouldn't be on the boost Site.

It's a theory a few people came up with believed to get rid of the throttle but failed.
  19. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

my.boostmobile.com/myaccount
  20. aenoch

aenoch Well-Known Member

sorry not what i was talking about i meant i dont know where the area on boost is that talks about how much data is used and if throttled or not
  21. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

22. aenoch

aenoch Well-Known Member

23. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

Yep, that's what I meant ;)

The only true way to stop throttling is to block ipv4 in a kernel ramdisk. Of course the you won't have any data :D
    Doc and LilBit like this.
  24. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

Had to LOL on that one!! Sorry!?!?:confused:
    Doc and downthemachine like this.