• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
As you may or may not know the Hero is available in the UK on a range of networks who offer varying fair usage limits on their inclusive internet access tariffs - from 500meg to 3gig it seems.

The question is how much data can you reasonably expect to use a month of the hero? Bearing in mind all its widgets, google maps, market downloads etc. I'm rather concerned that Orange's 500MB allowance is worryingly low. I could go with t-mobile's 3GB plan, but then I'd be stuck with their black version of the device.

Cheers.

I'm on Vodafone who offer an "unlimited package". So far in the week since I've had my device I have only used 50 MB of data and I have been using the phone a lot.

You might want to read this post on the Vodafone forums about their "unlimited" policy: Free Internet On Friday? - Vodafone eForum

The good thing is that they won't automatically charge you for every MB you go over. Orange will start charging you at

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones