Data usage

Last Updated:

1. urbanphilosopher

urbanphilosopher Member This Topic's Starter

As you may or may not know the Hero is available in the UK on a range of networks who offer varying fair usage limits on their inclusive internet access tariffs - from 500meg to 3gig it seems.

The question is how much data can you reasonably expect to use a month of the hero? Bearing in mind all its widgets, google maps, market downloads etc. I'm rather concerned that Orange's 500MB allowance is worryingly low. I could go with t-mobile's 3GB plan, but then I'd be stuck with their black version of the device.

Cheers.

Advertisement
  2. Mansn

Mansn Well-Known Member

I'm on Vodafone who offer an "unlimited package". So far in the week since I've had my device I have only used 50 MB of data and I have been using the phone a lot.

You might want to read this post on the Vodafone forums about their "unlimited" policy: Free Internet On Friday? - Vodafone eForum

The good thing is that they won't automatically charge you for every MB you go over. Orange will start charging you at

3. hoppy1986

hoppy1986 Well-Known Member

im on orange, i have the 500mb bundle, which i stupidly added a week after gettin my upgrade. in the first week i used around 250mb n i got charged a wopping

4. james_d

james_d Member

I have an unlocked Magic on Orange with the 500MB "unlimited" internet add-on. I do regular surfing on BBC News, Facebook, Google Maps etc. and have not gone anywhere near the limit. Like others I usually turn on WiFi when I get home and save any large downloading for then.

5. urbanphilosopher

urbanphilosopher Member This Topic's Starter

An update to this if anyone is interested. I've spoken extensively to both networks and it seems orange are way behind t-mobile with regards to data.

Orange you can pay