Data

Last Updated:

1. xzombeast

xzombeast New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, i love my aria, i got it 9/29/10, for free from best buy because my contract expired... but ive already used 20MB and i only bought a 200MB plan... i might go to 2 gigs, but for an alternate, since my billing cycle ends the 28th of every month... if i disable application syncing, and mobile network from the hold menu... can i connect to my home wifi network, and go on the internet from there without that using any of my data plan?

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Yes. Turning off the syncing is unnecessary; if the mobile internet is disabled your phone can't send/receive any data over the network (texts and calls and so on work fine of course). WiFi won't incur any charges, since it doesn't involve your network.

Assuming the HTC Sense on our two phones are the same, there are HTC widgets for enabling/disabling wifi and mobile internet.

3. xzombeast

xzombeast New Member This Topic's Starter

yep, i got options for wifi, mobile network and syncing... so i can disable internet, but when i connect via wifi everything will sync anyways?

4. Xyro

Yep, leave syncing on and it will still be able to sync through WiFi, even the mobile internet is off :)

5. Durtydawg

Durtydawg Member

That is how it is supposed to work, but I am having issue's I disabled everything network related, Sync, Mobile network, hot spot etc.
    Uninstalled every app I could and my phone still sends and receives data on its own.

Usually not much yesterday it was 500 kb. HTC is trying to figgure it out I am not the only one if you go their Forums you will see their are others with the same issue.

One guy even went over his data limit but ATT was cool about it and removed it from his bill his is happening at 230 am I believe it was while he was sleeping.

Right now they seem to be at a loss at what could be causing it. I believe mine started right after the update. Oh yeah mine will indicate 3g when it does it even though edge is only available where I live.

:confused:

6. Xyro

That's strange... Disabling the mobile network should kill it stone dead. Nothing should be able to be transferred, full stop.

Have you tried removing the APN connection? (Certain apps can remove/edit the apns to deactivate them temporarily, so you don't have to re-enter them all the time). That way the phone wouldn't know how to connect to your carrier's network even if wanted to.