• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Data?

I've heard of people have this problem with Sprint but this is the 1st time I've heard of it happening with Boost. Sounds to me like the APN and proxy settings are all screwed up. Those can be manually changed through the hidden menu. Still, why is this happening? Have you aver tried to flash a ROM from a different carrier?

I honestly don't have a for sure fix for you.

Upvote 0
I recently reviewed this thread and I just wanted to make one query.

Have you tried going back to stock rooted and trying all of wetb's suggestions? In the past when I have had issues, going back to stock has solved most.

You may also need to update the basebands posted in blooddawn's original thread for the stock rooted rom.

I don't know if it will work, but it might be worth a shot.

I have been running CTMod for months and have no issues. But when I get the itch to reset my phone, I always start with with the stock rooted rom, do prl and profile updates and then flash roms... It seems to work for me.

hope this helps...

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0
Excellent suggestion Mvaness. When I see a problem that has gone on for this long, I take it for granted that they have already tried those troubleshooting steps already. Maybe I was wrong and they will solve his issue. Hope so anyways.

I got real lucky with this Marquee I bought off of Septembersrain. After messing around with MIUI and ROM Manager and frying the MB, since getting it back from the factory it's been the best darn phone. I have had 2 people offer to buy it from me in the past few weeks but I just can't bring myself to part with it.

Reactions: mvaness
Upvote 0
Excellent suggestion Mvaness. When I see a problem that has gone on for this long, I take it for granted that they have already tried those troubleshooting steps already. Maybe I was wrong and they will solve his issue. Hope so anyways.

I got real lucky with this Marquee I bought off of Septembersrain. After messing around with MIUI and ROM Manager and frying the MB, since getting it back from the factory it's been the best darn phone. I have had 2 people offer to buy it from me in the past few weeks but I just can't bring myself to part with it.

I think all of your suggestions were on the spot, but he only mentioned flipping between CT and Meg. I always go back to stock-rooted when in trouble.

I am still using my marquee as my daily. I have even deodexed blood's stock rooted so I could try my hand at more in-depth tinkering, but I haven't had time. If you remember, I also goofed up my first Marquee trying to format the sd card from the phone's settings menu. But my current one is still going strong, but I wish I had gotten a bigger battery. Now I am seriously looking at the Force (there is 4g coverage in my new city.) But I have been waiting to see what tdm and others have up their sleeves on the rom front.

Anyway, keep up the good work with your helpful suggestions...

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0
I think all of your suggestions were on the spot, but he only mentioned flipping between CT and Meg. I always go back to stock-rooted when in trouble.

I am still using my marquee as my daily. I have even deodexed blood's stock rooted so I could try my hand at more in-depth tinkering, but I haven't had time. If you remember, I also goofed up my first Marquee trying to format the sd card from the phone's settings menu. But my current one is still going strong, but I wish I had gotten a bigger battery. Now I am seriously looking at the Force (there is 4g coverage in my new city.) But I have been waiting to see what tdm and others have up their sleeves on the rom front.

Anyway, keep up the good work with your helpful suggestions...

Yep, I figured one he would have tried the baseband switch. If he hasn't, hopefully it will work for him. I have seen this happen before but only with the phones on Sprint.

I went from the Marquee to the HTC One SV, to the S3. Matter of fact, I still have my SV and a ton of accessories for sale. Put them up for sale here and I got a guy who was wanting to trade for an F7. Check this out..... he said he only had 1 phone and wanted me to ship him mine and then he would send me his. LMAO!!! :stupid:

If you are interested in the SV with a bunch of cases(4), 2500mAh battery and charger, screen protectors and all, let me know via PM. I'll shoot you a pic.

Upvote 0
Yep, I figured one he would have tried the baseband switch. If he hasn't, hopefully it will work for him. I have seen this happen before but only with the phones on Sprint.

I went from the Marquee to the HTC One SV, to the S3. Matter of fact, I still have my SV and a ton of accessories for sale. Put them up for sale here and I got a guy who was wanting to trade for an F7. Check this out..... he said he only had 1 phone and wanted me to ship him mine and then he would send me his. LMAO!!! :stupid:

If you are interested in the SV with a bunch of cases(4), 2500mAh battery and charger, screen protectors and all, let me know via PM. I'll shoot you a pic.

Oops, I meant to say I was getting an F7. It looks like it hits the sweet spot for price and functionality. And it appears to be a worthy successor to the marquee. I loved my little samsung prevail, but I think LG's build quality is very good.

Upvote 0
Oops, I meant to say I was getting an F7. It looks like it hits the sweet spot for price and functionality. And it appears to be a worthy successor to the marquee. I loved my little samsung prevail, but I think LG's build quality is very good.

Funny you said the F7. I had a guy here on AF offer to trade my SV for his F7. Only thing is he said he only had one phone and wanted me to ship him my SV. Then he would ship me his F7. Lol I told him there was no way on God's green earth that I was gonna send him mine 1st without payment. :eek:

On top of that, I paid $279 for the phone and have about $60 + worth of accessories. :D

Let me know if you know anyone who may be interested. I'll sell it and the package for $240 including shipping. I'll PM you a pic.

Upvote 0
SO i just got this boost mobile phone and the profile was n t updating in order to connect to the network i figured i should change the the rom and re install everything myself so i went with CTmod and i did it my first try. Then it still wasnt working after factory reset and everything i tried to change back to the old update and now it says S/W updating then flashes shows the LG logo and then reboots to the S/W updating; i know my phone isnt fully bricked yet; please helppp!:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones