[Data2Ext|Working] Increase Internal Memory of Micromax A73

1. mastermind1024

mastermind1024 Well-Known Member

Data2Ext for A73

As you all know that Data2Ext is able to give huge boost to internal memory.You can get upto 1gb internal memory (as said data2ext to be work best with upto 1gb).

I don't own this device personally n can't test the script. So the script has been tested n reported working by shahabazas (thanks buddy)

Script best works after a fresh rom install or factory reset.I would recommend to test the zip after a factory reset.

Pre-requisites:
    - Rooted rom
    - boot.img with init.d support
    - CWM recovery to flash zips n more imp, to take nandroid back up
    - busybox installed to xbin
    - 2nd partition on sdcard with ext2 filesystem

How to Install (For Normal Users):

First of all, Back up your current rom using the CWM recovery

Step-1:
    1) Install Link2Sd
    2) Open it n create mount script for ext2
    3) Reboot the device n open link2sd
    4) Check whether 2nd partition is mounted (Storage info)
    5) If yes, then proceed to Step-2

OR

1) Download MountScript_A75_by_Mastermind.zip from below & dump it to sdcard root
    2) Reboot to recovery & Install zip from sdcard
    3) Reboot system
    4) Open Terminal Emulator in phone OR adb shell from PC
    5) Apply command "cat /proc/mounts" & then "cat /proc/filesystems" without quotes
    6) In mount command you should see "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2"
    7) And in filesystems it should show ext2 at the end
    8) If you get these responses then proceed to Step-2
    9) If no, then open RootExplorer, Go to /data and create a folder named sdext2
    10) Reboot n check again, it should mount sdext now
    11) Proceed to Step-2

Step-2:
    1) Download flashable zip file Data2ext_A75_by_Mastermind.zip
    2) Dump that zip to root of sdcard
    3) Reboot into recovery (CWM recovery)
    4) Install zip from sdcard
    5) When shows Install Complete, Reboot system.

After doing these steps even ur 2nd partition don't get mounted then see the steps of Advanced user's method below for troubleshooting. Re-check permissions of the files as described below in manual method section.
    OR
    Install Rom Manager form Play Store and use "Fix Permissions" option.It will do the rest.

Manual Method of Installation (For Advanced Users):

Get both my flashable zips n extract them.Use any root browser for following steps.

1) First from MountScript zip,
    - Get install-recovery.sh n put it in /system/etc/ and permissions to 755(rwxr-xr-x) or 777(rwxrwxrwx) and ownership to 0-root, 0-root
    - Then ext2.ko module to /system/lib/modules/ n permissions rw-r--r-- & ownership to 0-root, 0-root
    - Now go to /data n create a folder named sdext2
    - Reboot
    - Check whether 2nd partition is mounted or not.
    - After successfull mounting only go to step-2

2) from Data2Ext zip,
    - Get busybox_d2sd n put in /system/xbin/ n permissions rwxr-xr-x & ownership to 0-root, 2000-shell
    - Get e2fsck n put in /system/bin/ n permisions to rwxr-xr-x & ownership to 0-root, 2000-shell
    - Get all init.d scripts n put them in /system/etc/init.d/ n permission for all to 777 that is rwxrwxrwx & ownership to 0-root, 0-root
    - Reboot

Caution:
    Preferably you should flash this after a factory reset but should work without reset too.
    Best work after factory reset.If u have tried script already n didn't work,n u want to give a try again after factory reset then please remove 02data2ext script from /system/etc/init.d/ first...n ya, backup ur imp data...

Downloads:
    1) MountScript_A73_by_Mastermind.zip (Contains mount script and ext2 module)
    2) Data2ext_A73_by_Mastermind.zip (Contains data2ext script & necessary binaries)
    3) Stock rom boot.img with init.d support by Mastermind

Credits:
    -Lenovo A60 devs for that great ics rom with data2ext script
    -Sagarwep for bringing that rom to A75
    -Shahabazas for letting us know about the script
    -ME for porting the script to A75 stock rom n now for A73 stock rom too

Additional Notes:
    -You may receive some force close errors on 1st boot, its normal, just give the rom some time n reboot, u will be fine.

Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns before flashing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO THIS METHOD...EASY N UNIVERSAL.
    http://androidforums.com/a75-all-th...niversal-method-increase-internal-memory.html

Advertisement
    shahabazas likes this.
  2. falesh

falesh Well-Known Member

a bit tricky but is awesome !
  3. shahabazas

shahabazas ~*~ Android Addict ~*~ Guide

For those who are using link2sd please move all your apps to internal memory and then flash this script and after that you can just reinstall all the apps once again in this way the data wont be loss and apps also will be there or else do a backup by recovery as well as by titanium backup of all apps and then flash this may be you wont need to reset then. The script is working fine you may need to reboot 4 to 5 times after flashing the script as it may take some time to fire up so flash the script check for the internal memory and if you dint get your sd card memory added in your internal memory then reboot again but after a gap of atleast 10mins.
  4. mastermind1024

mastermind1024 Well-Known Member

shahabazas likes this.
  5. krgarag

krgarag New Member

at last i got second partition....of 1gb...