Date and Time setting getting overriddenGeneral

Last Updated:

1. droidrockz

droidrockz Guest This Topic's Starter

Under Settings -> Date and Time, whenever I set a Date to a future or past number, it gets overridden by the Network/WiFi. I've made sure that I've unchecked the Automatic option. Anyone have any ideas why this is?

When I turn off my Network(3G) and WiFi, I'm able to set the Date to whatever I want without it getting reset like 2 seconds later.

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I am actually going to ask, why would you want to? Whatever time your phone is told, should be the correct time in your current location.

3. droidrockz

droidrockz Guest This Topic's Starter

Just outta curiosity...and testing out the built in functionality. If I interpret it correctly, unchecking the "Automatic" option should let me set whatever date I want to without being overridden. Might this be a bug? Does this happen to someone else?

4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I just tried it on my Eris. Apparently it lets me do it without a problem. Did you try restarting your phone? The automatic setting might not be disabling properly.

I'm using Android 2.1 v2 with VanillaDroid ROM. If your using stock 1.5, it MIGHT be a problem, but I can't imagine why. The network and system clock are pretty basic functions of a cell phone and cellular network.

5. AZ Timeshift

AZ Timeshift Member

At one point I must have had my Date & Time settings with the Automatic turned off and began to wonder why my time was running about a minute too slow....turning it back to auto fixed it LOL.