• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Date you ordered and received the phone vs. "will ship by" date

I thought that I ordered mine on 5/7 but the brilliant Verizon sales person forgot to put in the order until 5/13, when I called her to check on the status of my phone. When I ordered it on the 7th I was told I would get my phone on the 14th. But now thanks to the order not being put in right away, it is now scheduled to be shipped on 6/1.

Upvote 0
I ordered mine 5/14
with an estimated shipping date of 6/1(although another rep said 6/3)

So its the weekend and im really hoping to get it really really soon(like wednesday if my schedule is anything like anyone elses)

Yeah, I ordered 5/9 and was hoping to have it by yesterday. Didn't happen. Don't depend on it being here any sooner than the posted ship by date is, because odds are there is a good chance you wont get it till close to that date.

Upvote 0
I did a phone order Sunday 5/9 and the rep said it would ship Monday 5/10 via Fedex 2 day. I called today for status..its not shipped and the rep said it will ship 5/29 now. Im kind of pissed but this phone is hopefully worth waiting for.

I too got this story/lie from a rep on the phone. I was selling my blackberry and he assured me more than once that it would ship the next day and I would have it in two days. Ridiculous that they need to lie, just tell me the truth ya know?
When I called back after getting no tracking number and ultimately talked to a "superviser" was told I could just order a different phone (and pay for it) to tide me over. Then I will need to package it up, send it back, transfer information on the phones again. Cant even begin to describe the difficulties with patient tracking and billing programs I use at work. Spent a couple of hours on the phone on top of it. The "superviser" did not want to take ownership over the whole fiasco. Her solution was to offer me a 20 dollar credit on my bill. I was paying full retail for the phone and about to purchase another. Definately rethinking that decision now.
A little honesty and customer service goes a long way...this missed the mark big time. As a customer with nearly a decade of service and five lines on verizon I am dissapointed in the attitudes and reactions of those I dealt with.
In short, do not believe anything they tell you about shipping until it is in your hand.

Upvote 0
I have had a crazy experience. I ordered the dinc in the Verizon store on 5/8. I was told by a CS rep that the phone wouldn't arrive till 5/12. Didn't come on 5/12. I called CS and rep said it was stolen in the mailing process and they need to resend a new one. Reimbursed for the my case and screen projector for the trouble and I was told the phone would arrive on 5/14. Phone didn't arrive on 5/14. Called CS again, there was some big mix-up in my order that the rep and I went through together (long story). Any who, I'm getting the phone for free!

Currently my order is processed and awaiting shipment. They are using the 5/12 date, not the 5/8 date for my purchase.

I'm hoping it ships tomorrow, but I'm trying to stay calm considering it's now free. Still really excited to get it though.

Reactions: zanza
Upvote 0
Ordered May 7th in stores (this was friday around 8pm).
Received Wednesday may 12th around noon.

I was reading on here the day before it came to me seeing people say it was backordered and that online it said it wouldn't ship until the 29th or something. I even called verizon and they told me that too. But it still came to me the next day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones