Day Got better (Made $700)

Last Updated:

1. dnevs79

dnevs79 Member This Topic's Starter

I really wanted to keep my droid X, but I will be waiting until the 15th. Sold it for a grand plus shipping on e-bay(damstr can vouch for this). Well I get to turn it on for a second but some lucky guy in Az will be getting mine. I'll take the extra money and buy one like every body else (wait in line, with sum extra green).:D

Looks like more fun with my Overclocked Pre Plus.

Advertisement
  2. shadowangel

shadowangel Well-Known Member

Can't believe someone would pay that much extra to get it less than a week early. That is nuts.

3. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

This is not thread worthy :rolleyes:

4. dnevs79

I couldn't believe it either. After seeing a few go for over $1000, I figured I could wait a few days and let this guys have it. I can definitely be patient with extra dough.

5. schizrade

schizrade Well-Known Member

Says who?

Envious?

I think it is great. If I had one in my hands, I would sell it in a second, then go get another and bank the rest.

Capitalism... :D

6. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

Congrats! I really wanted to buy it but spending that much when it's coming out in less then a week is a little too crazy for me. Haha

7. genxgeek

genxgeek Well-Known Member

How did u make 700 when u still have to go buy another one? Just curious. Must be another line upgrade??

8. jp3_99

jp3_99 Active Member

Sold it for $1000 and will probably buy a new one from a store for $300 before mail in rebate, so actually you will end up making $800 when all is said and done.

Worth waiting a week in my opinion :D

9. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Wait I'm a little confused... how do you purchase a phone with an upgrade.. and then purchase another phone with an upgrade?

I assume that you paid $369 + tax for the phone... then sold it for $1000... and are trying to purchase it again for the $369 + tax? I don't know how that's possible since you already extended your contract for 1 year so you wouldn't be eligible for the 1 year pricing. If that was true... then everyone would be doing it to make money if they could get another phone for $369 to sell on Ebay.

So... -$369 + $1000 - $369 = $262 end if you were able to get another phone at $369
    If you have to pay MSRP for ANOTHER phone... -$369 + $1000 - $569 = $69 net (excluding all taxes and the Ebay + Paypal fees)

Can you clarify how you were able to get the $700 figure? I think the 2nd one is the route that you have to take. You've already extended your contract 1 year with Verizon, so you're not eligible for another 1 year pricing. I'm assuming you have to pay full MSRP because Verizon is not going to allow you to get ANOTHER discounted phone with no strings attached.

10. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

As PT Barnum once said......................there is a sucker born every minute

11. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused too. If Verizon sold it to you for the 1 year price, they'll be expecting you to activate it. Are you sure your buyer in Arizona will be able to activate the phone?

Tread lightly my friend, Verizon wasn't born yesterday.

I'm.... Patiently/Impatiently waiting for the release of the Droid X!

12. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

idiots are easy to part with their money.

I sold a pair of black album nikes for 1000 dollars when the the black album launched.

I made a 1000 dollar profit since i got the sneakers for free for attending the launch party for Jay-z's album at the new york city 40-40 club.

the asian guy that bought them looked like a princess, but hey, money is money.

13. dnevs79

I'll use my other upgrade. I have two lines one of which is my wifes her upgrade is now mine. Of course the $700-dollar figure is prior to getting my second one at upgrade price.

14. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Oh ok. I guess your wife wont be getting to use her upgrade. :p

15. dnevs79

Luv her! But she never uses it anyway.