Daydream Clock

1. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I used to like the Daydream clock function of Rootbox on the S2, whereby a dim clock is shown during Daydream mode (settings>display>daydream)
    Samsung's daydream has all the other completely useless features (colours/photos) but no clock.
    Typical bloody Sammy! :(

If you want the clock function however, then download DeskClock.apk and LockClock.apk from my DevHost site here, (taken from 4.2.2 S2 RootBox) copy to /system/app set permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot.

When you then go into the Daydream settings, you will get the far more useful clock option. I set this to come on when charging.

Enjoy

Advertisement
    dynomot and ironass like this.
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Cheers old boy!

At long last, a reason to use the Daydream feature. Looks really, "Cool". Digital or analogue clocks that move about the screen with the passage of time. Dim feature, black background, ensures minimum battery usage.

Standby though for questions on setting permissions! :listen:
  3. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

Your standby is over. I know how to get the tick box in Root Explorer, but for the life of me marry up the tick boxes up to what is seen. I would have thought this :

[​IMG]

Would give me the correct permissions, but it does not.
    volimte21 likes this.
  4. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

That looks ok to me mate.
    dynomot likes this.
  5. dynomot

OK I know what I did. Copy file first THEN alter permissions... Doh!
  6. dynomot

Thanks Hawker :) works a treat. For anyone who does not know How to alter file permissions on Root Explorer copy and paste into /system/app then select it by tapping the square at the side. Now tap the three dots bottom right and select permissions. Then use my picky above to check the correct boxes. :)