daylight savings affecting calendar?

Last Updated:

1. flynhawn2002

flynhawn2002 New Member This Topic's Starter

My appointments are coming up 1 hour late? Anyone have same problem? Daylight savings coming Mar 14 anything scheduled after that is being thrown off.

Advertisement
  2. jbreakfield

jbreakfield Member

My carrier (Cellular South) sent out an email notice about daylight savings time... it said that any recurring appointments in the calendar would have to be fixed after the time change. I asked if this was the case if you sync with your Google calendar, but didn't get a real good answer. I would assume that the Google sync would fix any issue, but haven't confirmed it.

So far, it only seems to be effecting recurring appointments in my calendar.

Edit: It's not a consistent problem for some reason, either

3. flynhawn2002

Hmmmm.....I only recently noticed that I have inputted some appointments and they are coming in 1 hr late. I use google calendars to input my appointments...maybe its google calendars?

4. gmcwayne

gmcwayne New Member

My wife and I both have heros and have them synced to our gmail calendars which we share. I noticed on mine that an appointment which she added to her gmail calendar on the computer for next monday @ 3pm shows up on my phone for 2pm. But it shows up on her phone for 3pm. ?????

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Well-Known Member

I have a Moment but I have having an issue in advance of the time change as well. I live in Arizona, and we don't observe DST. On my computer, all my Google calendar appointments have the correct time and my calendar time zone is set to Arizona.

On my device, everything tomorrow onward has been shifted ahead one hour, as if DST should be affecting my appointments. This is a MAJOR problem. I hope it fixes itself.

6. soonrfan

soonrfan Member

I am also having this problem. My computer clock is correct, phone clock is correct but since we have switched to DST, all appointments have moved one hour ahead. Total PIA! Sounds like we are going to have to wait for 3 weeks until we catch up with the DST change? Looks like there are a large number of complaints out on google calendar's site as well.

7. AnthroMatt

I was able to "fix" it, but not sure how. :) I set the phone on Saturday to manual time zone, then selected "Mountain -- Arizona." Once I did that all my appointments shifted to the correct time again. I turned my phone off Saturday night, turned it back on Sunday morning and the phone still thought it was 11:45pm the night before.

I thought to myself "this f---ing sucks!" and went ahead and changed my time setting back to automatic, fully expecting all my appointments to shift ahead 1 hour like they had been before. Once I did that though, all the appointments stayed correct. Perhaps try manually selecting the time zone, then reboot and select automatic again? It might not fix it for you, but it was all I did and now everything is ok.

8. cajunman4life

cajunman4life Well-Known Member

Imagine my surprise when I woke up Sunday morning and noticed my phone had "sprang forward"... I set it to manual time, then Monday morning set it back to pull time from the tower. So far, it's the correct time. Didn't reboot.

I do seem to recall changing my calendar entries on the google website directly... all the recurring appointments jumped back 1 hour for some reason.

Can the rest of the US get rid of DST yet like Arizona? :p

9. AnthroMatt

We can dream. :D

10. dxCoqui

dxCoqui Well-Known Member

Damn farmers...:)

11. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

I'll second that... from Tucson!

12. flynhawn2002

Ok...thanks for the responses. As of today my google calendar and Hero is linking up properly! I guess I had to wait until after the daylight savings to take place to see if google calendar or Hero was screwed up! I was really close to getting the black berry, Lol!