Daylight SavingsSupport

Last Updated:

1. TrustSerenity

TrustSerenity Well-Known Member

Why hasn't my time changed yet. I've restarted the phone a few times and it's still showing the wrong time. This is frustrating me since every clock in my house is showing the right time except my phone.

Advertisement
  2. macp

macp Active Member

Yup, i even tried calling, texting, and powering down. No luck yet.
  3. GTOgirl

GTOgirl Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem...

(btw, we're practically neighbors!)
  4. panzerghost

panzerghost Member

I am having the same thing also and I am also close to the op and above location. it might just be our location. I am in Pasco.
  5. TrustSerenity

Aww I have neighbors on this site. That's awesome. I'm being serious. I've only been in Pasco for 7 months and I know one person. lol That's actually sad when you think about it. Maybe it is a Pasco/Central Florida thing.
  6. GTOgirl

Who knows....maybe it's a Metro thing. I just think it's funny that we have a phone that can do almost everything a laptop can, but we can't figure out how to make it show the correct time.
  7. TrustSerenity

lmao this is true
  8. panzerghost

panzerghost Member

Is everyone experiencing this issue on Gingersteem extreme. I am. If I recall I think the stock ROM had an option for DST (I might be thinking of my old phone). If so it might be the ROM.
  9. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Same here still shows the incorrect time
  10. GTOgirl

I downloaded an app called ClockSync which allowed me to use the phone's GPS to update the time.

Clock Sync
    TrustSerenity and mike28 like this.
  11. gnuorder

gnuorder New Member

I'm in Tampa with the same problem. Not only did it not change automatically, there doesn't seem to be any way to override that and set it manually on the esteem.
  12. GTOgirl

The app I mentioned will do just that, but your phone has to be rooted for it to work.
  13. TrustSerenity

I'm not rooted.
  14. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

trying the app but does not seem to change it
  15. GTOgirl

Make sure your phone's GPS is turned on, then open the Clock Sync app and go to Settings>Detect Time Zone. Check the box that says "use geo location to set time zone" and it should update within a few seconds.
  16. GTOgirl

It does have a "rootless" mode where you can sync it manually, but I don't know how well it would work. Turn the GPS on, then open the app and hit Settings>Rootless Mode. Hit the "back" button, then the button on the far left, and then hit "synchronize". Hope it works :)
    TrustSerenity likes this.
  17. jindy77

jindy77 Well-Known Member

mine was like that this morning, stuck in the past, lol.
    but after a reboot, it is now showing the correct time (tho i don't think the reboot was what "fixed" it), as others i know, w/metro mobiles of all types, after 10 am or so, all now show the correct time, so i guess a problem on metro's end?
    anyway, hope the correct time now shows?!
  18. JayBondzeWell

JayBondzeWell Well-Known Member

just restart phone and it should fix issue. mine changed by itself on one phone. the other i turned off for 1 minute and turned on. bye issue =]
  19. esteemer

esteemer Active Member

I'm on Zvd stock, not rooted. And my time was updated w/out restarting the phone
  20. johnbugman

johnbugman New Member

i have rooted esteem, my girlfriend has stock esteem. neither have been updated also after reboot. its now 1210 pm in saintpetersburg, fl.
  21. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

maybe you guys didn't select that option when you first set up the phone, it asks you on the time set up screen if you want to use dst
  22. LeeoJohnson

LeeoJohnson Well-Known Member

Testing testing....

Edit: yeah mine did it on its own. But I still installed clock sync, cool app. Tampa FL.
  23. horsecharles

horsecharles Well-Known Member

Me2, but rooted, stock rom, plague 2.2 kernel.
  24. kagekiid

kagekiid Well-Known Member

Maybe it's that batch of phones that all you neighbors have. I'm in.. Dallas and I didn't even know there was a time change until I looked at my watch.
  25. TrustSerenity

My phone still hasn't changed. I did ydt another reboot, a battery pull, and I even called metro. It's no surprise that Metro was no help. I was told that the phone has all day to change and if it didn't then I'd have to go to a metro store. The clocksync app works though.