• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Days after software update. My galaxy note 5 does not alert me when I recieve a text.

BigtoeBanjo

Lurker
Jan 20, 2017
So I downloaded a software up date 2 or 3 days ago. Ever since then I do not get a notification when I recieve a text message. I get every other notification for email, facebook, snapchat etc. However it never tells me that I have a text. So i do not see texts until sometimes hours later when I check my phone. I have checked all of the settings and turned all notifications on but nothing seems to be working. Any help would be appreciated

there is a fix-all that will fix a lot of issues with the note 5. you might want to delete the system cache and see if it helps with the issue.

1. Turn off your phone
2. Press and hold the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons simultaneously.
3. You can release them when you see the Samsung logo with Recovery booting written in blue at the very top of the screen.
4. You will be brought to the Android System Recovery screen
5. Use the volume buttons to scroll down the list to highlight Wipe Cache Partition and use the Power button to confirm your selection.
6. You'll see a notification at the bottom of the screen in yellow to show that the system cache has been wiped.
7. If Reboot System Now is not already highlighted, use the volume keys to highlight Reboot System Now and press the Power button to confirm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones