dbrand Carbon Fiber back for Nexus 4Tips

Last Updated:

1. Krunk83

Krunk83 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. raysurrx7

raysurrx7 Well-Known Member

Looks amazing, I think I am going to get the leather back, do you know where it shipped from?
  3. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

According to their site, Canada. Where in Canada I couldn't tell you, sorry.

I am interested in that CF skin. I was hoping that iCarbons would have some for the Nexus 4 but they don't.
  4. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

They're just patterns in adhesive 3M vinyl, not actual "Carbon Fiber" (or "leather" for that matter) ... it makes all the difference in the world.
  5. Krunk83

They ship from Canada. Takes about 7-10 days and shipping is $3. Just because they aren't real carbon fiber or leather doesn't mean they aren't nice.
  6. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

I am well aware of what they are and how they work, thanks.
  7. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

The generic comment was intended for those who erroneously use the term "Carbon Fiber" for vinyl such as the OP, but if the shoe fits ... go ahead and respond. I repair and fabricate carbon fiber structures, and am willing to call attention when I see such cheap misrepresentations of the real thing.
  8. kalaster

kalaster Well-Known Member

9. blahblahyoutoo

blahblahyoutoo Well-Known Member

so this is just a cover for the back? so it's just as thin as a screen protector?
    if so, I assume a bumper fit with this on? and that it's just for aesthetics and won't provide much protection in terms of shattering from impact (but will do for scratches).
  10. Krunk83

Yeah, just a cover for the back. A bumper WILL fit with this on. It's 3m final so it's pretty strong. It may help on an impact but not sure.
  11. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

It fits fine with the bumper on. It's mainly for scratch protection. I decided to carry the phone naked for the first couple months and now the back is starting to get scratched to hell. Still no scratches on the screen though. I'm convinced the back isn't gorilla glass.

Here's a picture with the dbrand back and the bumper:

http://img.talkandroid.com/uploads/2013/02/2013-02-04-17.02.09.jpg
  12. blahblahyoutoo

that looks really nice, but so does the pattern and glass on the phone itself.

sigh... manufacturers make good looking devices and everyone just ends up covering it with cases.

btw, what case/bumper is that?
  13. jirok

jirok Well-Known Member

14. Krunk83

I liked the bumper but it bothered me that the bezel wasn't covered on the front side on the top and bottom. Almost like it isn't sized right. So I sold it....on eBay....for $40. :D
  15. Krunk83

It's not completely erronious, since the website does say, "Carbon Fiber Skin". I think most people can figure out that it's not real CF. It's not a Ferrari.
  16. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

I think those people who honestly believe that these are real CF or leather are those kinda of people that belong in a certain State Farm Commercial.

Back to these vinyl skins, I have the "CF" one coming. I don't want a case, but I felt that the back could use a little protection. It could match all the real CF on my car.
  17. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

It won't help with an impact at all, you just won't be able to see the damage.
  18. blahblahyoutoo

yeah, the glass could be cracked underneath and you would never know unless you peeled it off.
    i guess ignorance is bliss :eek:
  19. Nocturnal86

Nocturnal86 Well-Known Member

Love these skins! I bought a leather and carbon fiber for my brother but he didnt want it and im not gonna use it (I tried it and not my style) If anyone wants to buy that one on the cheap i can send it out to you for 8 bucks shipped! Let me know
  20. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Mine supposedly shipped out over 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting on it.
  21. Krunk83

Email them. Their customer service is great.
  22. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

I put my phone inside a cloth pouch. When I lay it on the table, it is always on top of the cloth. Hardly any scratch or my other phones I had.
  23. VinceSerge

VinceSerge Member

Nice CF back! I purchased one recently off Amazon from ArmorSuit. It looks to be the same, and I personally like it a lot.
  24. Krunk83

Yeah, it's really nice. I love it. I got a clear case to go with it. I'll post pictures when I get it.
  25. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Mine finally arrived today. Here's hoping I don't screw up applying the damn thing. I have no idea why I bought one of these, should have bought a few. I always screw these skins up.