DC 2.08.1 Sense Crashing

Last Updated:

1. kayos

kayos Active Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, so I figured I would post it. Since flashing DC 2.08.1 on Sunday, I've had sense crash on me quite a few times per day. It did it twice on Sunday, four times yesterday and twice all ready today. I did flash the Espresso w/ stock rosie theme from DCUpdater and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Any help would be appreciated as I really don't want to have to re-flash. If I have to go that way, I will probably just reload my nandroid of Fresh 2.0d.

Advertisement
  2. doneve141

doneve141 Well-Known Member

I had simular problems. I would flash the rom, as I didn't have the rom with the updater yet, and load up after 30 minutes. I would start installing apps and adjusting settings and Sense would crash, reload, crash. I would do a battery pull and than after 30 minutes it would finally get into a reboot cycle. I did another battery pull and went to my nandroid backup. I finally got the rom to load by flashing the rom creating a backup of the dc updater than doing a nandroid restore, indstall the dc updater and update the rom. It took 30 minutes on the install reboot, but I have not had any Sense crashes sense that. The only problem I have is it takes 20+ minutes for a reboot now. I don't know what I am going to do about it. Battery life is better and everything is working as far as I can tell.

3. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

I have had problems with Sense crashing periodically, but it usually reboots within a minute or so and it's back to normal.

4. kayos

kayos Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm just glad to see it's not just me. Maybe the next release will have a little more stability. It's not a deal breaker right now, just an annoyance. We'll see how it works out. I may just have to re-flash and go from there if it gets worse. I was really hoping to not have to do that so I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

5. dctex777

dctex777 Member

I am having similar problems. I rooted and flashed to Fresh 2.0d, only to have it crash on me several times over 24 hours. I would go to push the menu or power button to wake the phone up and it would be off and have to go through a full boot. Only takes less than 60 seconds but still really strange I thought. So I chalked it up to my phone not liking Fresh 2.0d and decided to try DC 2.08.1...but now I am having the same issues!!! Very frustrating. (Any ideas anyone?) I like the new 2.1 interface but I am considering going back to full stock 1.5 and rooted because the intermittent shutoffs are getting to be annoying.

6. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

For those using the latest Damage ROM, did you change anything in the Dconfig app? Enabling JIT could have this effect. Make sure it's not checked.

7. dctex777

dctex777 Member

Just checked...I did not have JIT enabled.

8. revlis240

revlis240 Active Member

my sense crashes...slightly. If i do too many things at once it will flash to the HTC screen and then reload the desktop within about 30 seconds. Hasnt occurred enough to really bug me, but it can be a REAL blood pressure-riser when you NEED to make a call and the damn thing is misbehaving