• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DD16 Released @ SDX

If you use GPS you want this update. I used to have trouble getting GPS on DD10 in my car much less in a building. I'm at work with a tin roof and GPS locked on within seconds of hitting My Location. I was almost sure my GPS was bad but didn't wanna swap out my phone, turns out its fine!

I didn't lose any of my installed apps or settings. According to them it restores your stock sprint apps but they've never bothered me enough to warrant removing them in the first place.

Upvote 0
Did you check to make sure you didn't have a runaway process? My battery has never been spectacular, but the only way I could get it that low is to be in a really bad signal area or to have a runaway process.
Locale and K-9 are the most taxing apps that I have. However, locale saves more power than it uses (in the car it turns on GPS when I have the phone plugged in, and turns GPS off when I unplug it and get out of the car). Aside from the Sprint bloatware (nuance) no, I don't have runaway processes.

Upvote 0
Locale and K-9 are the most taxing apps that I have. However, locale saves more power than it uses (in the car it turns on GPS when I have the phone plugged in, and turns GPS off when I unplug it and get out of the car). Aside from the Sprint bloatware (nuance) no, I don't have runaway processes.

I have no idea what your level of knowledge is, so don't be insulted if I'm getting way too basic here. Based on your answer, I'm not sure you understood what I meant by "runaway process." Basically with the leaked versions of 2.1, there is a process within the android system that just continually runs. This causes your processor to constantly run, and use excess power when you're using the phone, and it doesn't ever let your phone sleep. I don't remember the exact name of the process...I think it was android.idq or something of that nature, and I was only able to see it OSMonitor, where it shows up as sync feeds. I was able to see it using something like 25% of the processor constantly. If I killed it, it popped right back up, but wasn't using the processor anymore.

Again, my apologies if you already knew that, and I just insulted you. I'm only going by the way you responded to my last post.

Upvote 0
I have no idea what your level of knowledge is, so don't be insulted if I'm getting way too basic here. Based on your answer, I'm not sure you understood what I meant by "runaway process." Basically with the leaked versions of 2.1, there is a process within the android system that just continually runs. This causes your processor to constantly run, and use excess power when you're using the phone, and it doesn't ever let your phone sleep. I don't remember the exact name of the process...I think it was android.idq or something of that nature, and I was only able to see it OSMonitor, where it shows up as sync feeds. I was able to see it using something like 25% of the processor constantly. If I killed it, it popped right back up, but wasn't using the processor anymore.

Again, my apologies if you already knew that, and I just insulted you. I'm only going by the way you responded to my last post.
No worries, I hadn't heard anything about this 2.1 bug. I will see what I can do about killing it if you can get me the exact name.:)

Upvote 0
No worries, I hadn't heard anything about this 2.1 bug. I will see what I can do about killing it if you can get me the exact name.:)

It's definitely android.idq. I rechecked it this morning. On OSMonitor, it shows up as Account and Sync Settings (PID 2385) on my phone. It doesn't usually run rampant like that,but every once in a while after a restart or something, I have to kill it. It made my battery very warm when it was bugging out.

Of course, with the official one coming out now, I guess it won't matter much. At least I have something productive to do at work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones