• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help De-branding T-Mobile G2 (HTC Hero)

akadir

Lurker
Aug 2, 2009
I have two contracts; one with T-Mobile and one with Vodafone. I got the G2 Touch from T-Mobile, and the unlock code from T-Mobile so that I can use it on any network (vodafone in my case).

a) Any idea on how I can remove the T-Mobile logo which comes up on the welcome screen?

b) and also, the T-Mobile logo on the phone itself? (just above the screen)

-

I have two contracts; one with T-Mobile and one with Vodafone. I got the G2 Touch from T-Mobile, and the unlock code from T-Mobile so that I can use it on any network (vodafone in my case).

a) Any idea on how I can remove the T-Mobile logo which comes up on the welcome screen?

b) and also, the T-Mobile logo on the phone itself? (just above the screen)

-

Root the phone and check out the xda-developers forums for articles(posts) on customizing the the splash screens ...

As for the Logo on the screen case ... purchase a skin or mask and paint the screen ....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones