De BrandingSupport

Last Updated:

1. charlyee

charlyee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. mlm122

mlm122 Active Member

I used Omnius Server, it's much cheaper.. and since I notice you are also in the US.. I will mention that they do have firmware that will leave your phone X10a, just as Davinci does. Think it was like $4.00 or so, as opposed to $14 or so at Davinci.

Hope that helps!! :)

3. charlyee

Thanks, yes it definitely does, thank you. I just registered on their site but I guess I have to buy it from a re seller. Which reseller did you buy it from?

Thanks again.

4. mlm122

mlm122 Active Member

"Mainboard" reseller. 4th one down on the list.. I paid by Paypal and got my confirmation pretty quickly. I will caution that his reply email went to my spam folder, so I didn't see it at first, so if you don't get a response in a couple hours from the time you pay, check your spam folder. It also says on his site that he promises a couple hours turn around during normal business hours.

Happy debranding :)

charlyee likes this.
  5. highaltitude

highaltitude Well-Known Member

Why are you guys paying for debranding? It's available for free

6. charlyee

For me it is playing safe - less chance of bricking my phone.

Which procedure did you follow to un brand?

7. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

+1. With a couple of ways to do it you might as well attempt 1 of them.

8. charlyee

Okay, I need help. I am not findinding a generic X10a, which one did you use?

9. mlm122

mlm122 Active Member

http://dld.gsmdownload.net/m/leeae1.../X10/R2BA026/X10a_CUST_GEL_NAM1_1234_4820.rar

That one :)

If the direct link doesn't work look under :

Files >Flashes_> SONY_ERICSSON? X10 > R2BA026

It's the 4th one down.

We'll get you sorted yet! :)

The cool thing is once you are debranded, if SE has rolled the 1234-4820 kit out... you can then connect to SEUS and get the 2.1 update.. that part WILL be free :).

charlyee likes this.
  10. X10iUser

You could use the files from HERE to debrand, then update to 2.1. Or use the files HERE to update and debrand at the same time, all for free.

charlyee likes this.
  11. highaltitude

I cant find the correct DeviceID because I have had the USB connected to different ports. In the thread link you posted I cannot get the download from rapidshare or the other that will help you find the ID. Anyone have that file?

12. mlm122

mlm122 Active Member

X10iUser, The method you linked to is perfectly good, the reason I didn't recommend the method above is that, as you know, that thread is full of replies from ppl having trouble finding their device ID, java errors, etc. I chose to pay because it was cheap quick and painless :) I know there are plenty of ppl who've had success as well... but even with Android SDK tools loaded, my win 7 laptop wouldn't spit back my device ID. I spent ALOT .. I mean ALOT of time trying, but did the pay method in about 5 minutes, so IMHO, well worth it. Not arguing with you.. FREE is great :) Just explaining why I chose and recommended the route I did.:)

13. X10iUser

Most of those replies stem from not reading the help links in the first post and what I've found is a lot, most of the time even, most issues stem from user error.

14. highaltitude

The files in #4 are not available inthe debrand link. What is the next best way for me to find the DeviceID?

15. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

I'm clueless here. Everyone was debranding before, then with the 2.1 Generic, everyone wanted to rebrand for some reason. Is there any benefit to rebradning/debranding?

I'm running Generic 2.1 and it works great.

16. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

OK, question: Has anyone in the USA using AT&T successfully debranded and installed 2.1? If the answer is YES, did you have any issues along the way? Is everything working perfectky, just like it was designed to do? If YES, any issues at all after installing 2.1?

17. mlm122

mlm122 Active Member

Yes, I am on AT&T in the US,debranded (and rooted). Tuesday I was prompted for the update, and upgraded to 2.1 through SEUS without a hitch. No issues so far.. just getting used to the differences in the interface between 1.6 and 2.1.

Still on the fence about debranding, eh Gunny? :)

18. highaltitude

To be honest I have now attempted to debrand, but the directions aren't very clear. They are listed out but they leave too many things for you to try to figure out. Some of the files they say to use arent available, or Rapidshare says the network is not available.

19. charlyee

Thanks, I need more "sorting out" :D

1. The .rar file is no recognized as a compatible file.
    2. Do I put the same .rar file for both the Application software and the customization files.and
    3. Last but definitely not the least, after it recognizes my phone it gives me an error saying that my account is invalid. I am logged in fine on the site and through the settings.

Thanks for all your help.:)

20. X10iUser

Googling would have told you you need a program like Winrar or 7Zip to open them. ;) So get one or the other and extract your files and try again.

21. charlyee

That wasn't exactly my question but thanks anyway. :)

As I mentioned the two files do not show up in the lest compatible files, mlm122 could you please give me some step by step instructions please for my 3 problems?

Thanks very much.

22. X10iUser

For those with an X10a who don't wish to pay for what can be done for free...
    ...and perhaps mlm can help those who need to pay.

23. mlm122

mlm122 Active Member

No problem.. You do need to unrar the file w winrar.. you can download it free. Then its just a matter of extracting it. There are 2 files inside the archive. The bigger one goes in App software, the smaller one in customization.

Read my PM for my copy of the email I recvd validating my time license. It cotains the resellers email address as well. If you haven't gotten your validation email (and remember I said check your spam folder - my email client ditched it as spam) So you can email the reseller if you haven't gotten your validation email.

Sorry for all the trouble you are having Charylee, I wish I could be more help.

24. highaltitude

Wow, I honestly don't know why I was apprehensive about doing this! Quite easy and painless! I got all the right files and put them int he right place. Figured out that you run the flash.bat file to open the flashing app, and then select the folder with the firmware and the rest is history! Thanks X10iUser! I have read those threads before on XDA, just wasnt sure if I had the right stuff.

25. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

OK, you have the 2.1 on your phone for about a week or so, but have any issues popped up? You said you were rooted and debranded, correct? Before I take the leap of faith, I want to make sure that every thing is functioning as it should with no glitches or hiccups along the way or after the loading of 2.1. So please fill me in MIM122..

Are there anyother USA/AT&T users out using 2.1 successfully? If so, how did you do it and any issues or hiccups, even a little tiny one they maybe you just blew on by...???