• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root De Frost 2.0e

I was going to update to 2.0f using Rom manager to download and install it but when I went to download it using that app it gave me some options that went over my head regarding add-ons. Some of the add-ons had cryptic acronyms such as "UVOC" and "UV" in then, another referred to radios. What do they do and which one(s) should I get?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I used ROM Manager and did the 2.0f update and found that Launcher Pro kept on FCing. Rather, it got really sluggish in the beginning - with me having to wait quite a while for it to respond (or give me the option to FC). How could I have avoided that? I ended up having to wipe it and reinstall everything, though I don't know if it was that which solved the problem (works perfectly fine now).

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. :)

Tim

p.s. I really like that the buttons don't turn on the phone (except for the optical trackball push). Definitely the best part of the 2.0f. Otherwise, it seems the same to me.

Upvote 0
What do the kernal updates do?

Do I need to update them along with the ROM?

I use the lower kernal, it supplies the same power with less voltage, so in theory should save battery. You don't need to flash them, but like i said i do. I use rom manager to reboot into recovery, then flash the new rom followed by the kernal then reboot.

Lekky - for 2.0g do I need to install the radio update? This woudl be the first Rom on my phone, after rooting as per your method.

yep.

install the radio, then the rom.

I used ROM Manager and did the 2.0f update and found that Launcher Pro kept on FCing. Rather, it got really sluggish in the beginning - with me having to wait quite a while for it to respond (or give me the option to FC). How could I have avoided that? I ended up having to wipe it and reinstall everything, though I don't know if it was that which solved the problem (works perfectly fine now).

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. :)

Tim

p.s. I really like that the buttons don't turn on the phone (except for the optical trackball push). Definitely the best part of the 2.0f. Otherwise, it seems the same to me.

Yep, i update to every new rom he brings out (although i will take a look at the others that have popped up), but most just flash when something major is introduced

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones