De Frost 2.0e

Last Updated:

1. adrayton

adrayton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone using this yet?

If I upgrade from 2.0a to this thru ROM Manager will I have to install all my apps again?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Just update via rom manager and do not do a wipe, but do backup current rom.

Everything will work as before, also the 2.0f version is out now

3. kilroy

kilroy Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'm on 2.0c, the ROM's are updating so fast you can't keep up. I think I will wait at least a week between ROM's from now on.

4. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

I was going to update to 2.0f using Rom manager to download and install it but when I went to download it using that app it gave me some options that went over my head regarding add-ons. Some of the add-ons had cryptic acronyms such as "UVOC" and "UV" in then, another referred to radios. What do they do and which one(s) should I get?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Yeah a lot of people only update if they see something important on the changelog (although i tend to get each one)

6. adrayton

adrayton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What do the kernal updates do?

Do I need to update them along with the ROM?

7. twist123

twist123 Well-Known Member

Lekky - for 2.0g do I need to install the radio update? This woudl be the first Rom on my phone, after rooting as per your method.

8. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member

I used ROM Manager and did the 2.0f update and found that Launcher Pro kept on FCing. Rather, it got really sluggish in the beginning - with me having to wait quite a while for it to respond (or give me the option to FC). How could I have avoided that? I ended up having to wipe it and reinstall everything, though I don't know if it was that which solved the problem (works perfectly fine now).

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. :)

Tim

p.s. I really like that the buttons don't turn on the phone (except for the optical trackball push). Definitely the best part of the 2.0f. Otherwise, it seems the same to me.

9. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I use the lower kernal, it supplies the same power with less voltage, so in theory should save battery. You don't need to flash them, but like i said i do. I use rom manager to reboot into recovery, then flash the new rom followed by the kernal then reboot.

yep.

install the radio, then the rom.

Yep, i update to every new rom he brings out (although i will take a look at the others that have popped up), but most just flash when something major is introduced