Support DE03...missing Apps and freezing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ferret, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Ferret

Ferret Active Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Biomedical Equipment Technician
    Texas
    Hey, Group:
    Well...I updated to DE03...and *love* it...with a couple of exceptions....

First, I seem to be missing my Voicemail app.
    The phone works...but there is *no* indicatoin of any voicemails.... unless, of course, I dial my own number....at which point the pleasant voice says: "You have 15 new voicemails...First new voicemail..."
    So...what did I *fail* to install? (and yes...I'm using the basic phone dialer...nothing fancy...and BTW...my Contacts are fine...)

And second...my Calendar App seems to be messed-up...the Icon is there...but when i open it...it force-closes immediately.

Third...i seem to have issues with my GPS...perhaps The Navigator is greedy...but it seems that something in my GPS doesn't like to share...if i try and use two different apps that utilize GPS...it stops working, and i have to reboot to get the GPS to function again.

Lastly...i seem to get a black-screen lockup for no discernable reason....pulling the battery fixes it...but that is (obviously) pretty annoying.

Any help would be appreciated!

Advertisement

2. Sorian

Sorian Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Security System Tech
    Houston
    Sounds like the flash to DE03 failed a bit, recommend doing it again, should fix the problems.

3. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Is this on the un-rooted version of dd03 from Sprint?

If so nothing that comes with it should fc. I agree with above, reflash it.

4. Ferret

Ferret Active Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Biomedical Equipment Technician
    Texas
    Actually...it's Joey's version...and i'm rooted...((should have mentioned that...*duh*)

5. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I'd still try to just reflash it... If you still have problems reflash to stock with root, then joeykrim version of choice and try it again. I think sometimes you need to restore it to stock then flash your custom rom. I did that when I did the last Ultimate rom and it works great. I got a few fc's when I first flashed it but now that it's been on there a while I'm not getting any errors at all.

6. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    computer tech
    Virginia
    Agreed, if the stock flash is ok then you know it was just a bad flash or the download got corrupted or something. If you still are having problems with stock 2.1 then it sounds more like a hardware problem, especially the gps, and you need to talk to sprint about a replacement.