DE03...missing Apps and freezingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ferret

Ferret Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, Group:
    Well...I updated to DE03...and *love* it...with a couple of exceptions....

First, I seem to be missing my Voicemail app.
    The phone works...but there is *no* indicatoin of any voicemails.... unless, of course, I dial my own number....at which point the pleasant voice says: "You have 15 new voicemails...First new voicemail..."
    So...what did I *fail* to install? (and yes...I'm using the basic phone dialer...nothing fancy...and BTW...my Contacts are fine...)

And second...my Calendar App seems to be messed-up...the Icon is there...but when i open it...it force-closes immediately.

Third...i seem to have issues with my GPS...perhaps The Navigator is greedy...but it seems that something in my GPS doesn't like to share...if i try and use two different apps that utilize GPS...it stops working, and i have to reboot to get the GPS to function again.

Lastly...i seem to get a black-screen lockup for no discernable reason....pulling the battery fixes it...but that is (obviously) pretty annoying.

Any help would be appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. Sorian

Sorian Well-Known Member

Sounds like the flash to DE03 failed a bit, recommend doing it again, should fix the problems.

3. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Is this on the un-rooted version of dd03 from Sprint?

If so nothing that comes with it should fc. I agree with above, reflash it.

4. Ferret

Ferret Active Member This Topic's Starter

Actually...it's Joey's version...and i'm rooted...((should have mentioned that...*duh*)

5. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

I'd still try to just reflash it... If you still have problems reflash to stock with root, then joeykrim version of choice and try it again. I think sometimes you need to restore it to stock then flash your custom rom. I did that when I did the last Ultimate rom and it works great. I got a few fc's when I first flashed it but now that it's been on there a while I'm not getting any errors at all.

6. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Agreed, if the stock flash is ok then you know it was just a bad flash or the download got corrupted or something. If you still are having problems with stock 2.1 then it sounds more like a hardware problem, especially the gps, and you need to talk to sprint about a replacement.