• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DE03 official sprint release?

Samsung's driver model is _really_ pissing me off. It's just crazy. I've tried to get their crappy update tool to work on like 3 machines, and the mishmash of intricate, fragile drivers they use to make this thing work all fail for one reason or another.

I'm trying on machine #4 now, fingers crossed.

JV I've appreciated your development efforts (even though my wife wouldn't let me pay for the privilage of morse code) so try these they have worked great for me and I had some real problems before

http://randomtechinfo.com/Moment/Samsung.Moment.USB.Drivers.Windows.zip

Edit: if you are uninstalling old drivers ALWAYS reboot when it tells you to, see my thread at SDX (lesson learned) "moment bricked my computer"

Reactions: jvrobert
Upvote 0
Ok I followed the instuctions to the letter, then clicked the start software download butten and nothing. It just said ready for an hour. On the bottom on the left side it said [debug] and on the right it said com6 connected. I unpluged the phone, removed the battery and nothing changed at all. Any suggestions.

Upvote 0
Samsung's driver model is _really_ pissing me off. It's just crazy. I've tried to get their crappy update tool to work on like 3 machines, and the mishmash of intricate, fragile drivers they use to make this thing work all fail for one reason or another.

I'm trying on machine #4 now, fingers crossed.

I only have one PC (the rest of my computers are Macs), and I couldn't get it to work.

I tried a set of drivers that someone posted on SDX earlier today, but that didn't work.

I uninstalled those, and tried the ones BlackInjun posted, and still can't get anything to work.

I get hung up on the "Plug the USB cable..." step every time, because it always says it can't find the drivers for the phone.

Upvote 0
Ok I followed the instuctions to the letter, then clicked the start software download butten and nothing. It just said ready for an hour. On the bottom on the left side it said [debug] and on the right it said com6 connected. I unpluged the phone, removed the battery and nothing changed at all. Any suggestions.

When this happens to me, I just restart the computer, start the process over, the next time it goes through

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones