• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deactivate trackball?

Couldn't this be caused by it getting dirty over time with use? I remember a thread on this very forum with advice on how to reliably clean your trackball up. Its title was something like "Advice for all Hero users" or something like that...

Edit: Here is the thread, hope it helps.

I found that thread before I started this thread. I just don't use the trackball, it just brings problems with it so i'd still like to know how deactivate it.

Upvote 0
I'm glad there's a trackball...if you want to edit a particular part of a text or email, it's so difficult to get to the right word using the touchscreen! The trackball makes it sooo much easier to get to the bit you want to change!

Problem is that I don't have the heart to use the trackball because most time it's going apeshit after using it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones