Deactivate trackball?

Last Updated:

1. momomoo

momomoo Member This Topic's Starter

Since the trackball of my Hero has a tendency to keep scrolling to the right all by itself, i wonder if it is possible to deactivate the trackball.

Advertisement
  2. htchero123

htchero123 Well-Known Member

i'd also like an answer to this...surely there must be a way of disabling the trackball as its so sensitive, you accidently keep scrolling the screen. How can we deactivate it?

3. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

Couldn't this be caused by it getting dirty over time with use? I remember a thread on this very forum with advice on how to reliably clean your trackball up. Its title was something like "Advice for all Hero users" or something like that...

Edit: Here is the thread, hope it helps.

4. htchero123

htchero123 Well-Known Member

thanks ticho for that link. Truth be said, some of us don't even want the trackball and i'm still left wondering if there is a way to totally disable it.

5. momomoo

I found that thread before I started this thread. I just don't use the trackball, it just brings problems with it so i'd still like to know how deactivate it.

6. idheath

idheath Member

Yup, mine often wanders to the right on its own too, I wish the sensitivity could be reduced or it totally disabled.

7. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

I'm glad there's a trackball...if you want to edit a particular part of a text or email, it's so difficult to get to the right word using the touchscreen! The trackball makes it sooo much easier to get to the bit you want to change!

8. momomoo

Problem is that I don't have the heart to use the trackball because most time it's going apeshit after using it.

9. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

:S weird...never had any problems with it. maybe it'll become crappy after some use

10. Sammy

Sammy Member

Bump. Does anyone know how to deactivate it now...?

11. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I'm pretty sure it would have to be done by recompiling the kernel. If there was a way to allow deactivation of the trackball easily I'm sure somebody would have written an app/widget to do it by now.